WOW sleeping

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kbak, Sep 25, 2006.

1. kbak

kbak Member

Maybe someone has posted this topic before, but I decided to try using ear plugs as part of my sleep regiment.

I didn't want to try this before because I hate the feel of ear plugs. But with my snoring husband, I now feel I have no choice. So, I've been using them even tho I hate the feel.

I've got to tell you I have been sleeping so much better! I know every little noise wakes me up, but now I don't wake up. I had no idea that these could make such a huge difference.

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass that on. Wish you all a good day!

kbak
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Yes me too, have been using them for ages now. Problem for me is, im now dependant on them! If i try to sleep without them i just cant sleep, noise = no falling asleep now, which sux. Id like to be able to fall asleep no matter what sounds are around etc. My GF can sleep solidly with lamps on and music playing.. even TV. ah id love to have that 'gift' but not for me. Lucky earplugs are cheap as dirt eh? ^_^

~Chris.
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Congratulations! It's alway good to hear when some one begins to sleep better. Your should see a difference in your health.
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I've been using them for at least 5 yrs. I can't sleep without them. I do take them out sometimes at night and have to go searching for them up I am very thankful for them.

Mine are a soft rubber is a cone shape, so they don't make any noise in my head when I turn my head on the pillow. I can't stand the foam ones! I get mine from where my husband works.

Raz
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I tried ear plugs but just couldn't get used to them.

I am sleeping better too but had to move to the guest room because of my husband snoring. I also put a small fan on low, turned away from me. The low hum helps to block out the other noises in the house.

I am sleeping so much better, now that I am not waking up with each little noise.

hugs Redwillow
  6. kbak

kbak Member

yep, their hard to get use to, for me at lest. But the benefit of being able to sleep makes me stick with it. Good to hear all of you doing well with them. Hey, if you gotta be addicted to something, better these the other things. :)

kbak
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Pillow over the head here. I found that I'm a very light sleeper and the pillow helps a lot.

Marta
  8. kbak

kbak Member

jenniflower,
    My DH is a terrible snorer. I probably spend half my night kicking him! We tried the seperate bedrooms, and altho it worked well for me, my husband felt very lonely.

I think after some time I'll get use to the feel of the ear plugs, but they do annoy you at fist. It's worth getting use to them. I can sleep 6-7 hrs. without waking up.

What actually wakes me up is having to pee. I just never realized how much sound was affecting my sleep. Also I have my windows blacked out so I don't get any light distubance either.

Better days everyone!

kbak