Wow! Thanks for great welcome!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ArkyFarmGirl, Aug 26, 2002.

1. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

Thanks to all of you who took the time to welcome me to the board. I appreciated the great advice you offered. I think the worst part of this whole thing is fear of the future....I can cope with what I feel today...I'm just afraid of what will happen in the future. Will I get worse? Will my symptoms become more debiliating? I'm sure this is not new to anyone here so I will leave it at that for now! Thanks again for your great welcome!
  2. ArkyFarmGirl

ArkyFarmGirl New Member

Thanks to all of you who took the time to welcome me to the board. I appreciated the great advice you offered. I think the worst part of this whole thing is fear of the future....I can cope with what I feel today...I'm just afraid of what will happen in the future. Will I get worse? Will my symptoms become more debiliating? I'm sure this is not new to anyone here so I will leave it at that for now! Thanks again for your great welcome!
  3. G

G New Member

ArkyFarmGirl, I'll be honest and tell you that with our illnesses we are often bound to get worse. You have to try and get it under control as much as you can with your treatment and therapy. Read all you can on your illness(es) and learn what choices you have. Usually you have to do an combination of things and always talk thing over with your doctor. Keep an journal of your health on an daily basis for it will be very helpful for you and your doctor. Not everyone will be as bad as some are and knowing this you really need to learn your coping skills. Keep as positive as you can, do stretching daily and learn different ways to relaxation, slow deep breathing and visualization will help along with your doctor's treatment.

Also ask questions whenever you need and don't ever be afraid to ask for help. Rest when you get tired and get a good night's sleep for we need that badly. We are all here to be here for each other and know you are never alone.

G