WPI Awarded Prestigious NIH R01 Grant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by simpsons, Oct 8, 2009.

1. simpsons

simpsons Member

Well i've always said dr Kerr and dr Mikovits with WPI were the ones to watch and now the NIH have given them this long overdue grant. Brilliant news indeed.

to everyone who supported the WPI by donating or writing to the cfsac thank you and we have got what we wanted.

//September 24, 2009: WPI Awarded Prestigious NIH R01 Grant
    http://www.wpinstitute.org/news/news_current.html

'New Strategies to Decipher the Pathophysiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome'

"WPI Research Director Dr. Judy Mikovits and collaborator Dr. Jonathan
    Kerr of St. George’s College in London were awarded this $1.6 million
    grant by the National Institute of Allergy And Infectious Diseases.
    This 5 year grant will provide critical support for the ongoing
    research into the causes and diagnosis of neuro-immune diseases."

---------------------------------------------
    Send posts to CO-CURE@listserv.nodak.edu
    Unsubscribe at http://www.co-cure.org/unsub.htm
    ---------------------------------------------
    Co-Cure's purpose is to provide information from across the spectrum of
    opinion concerning medical, research and political aspects of ME/CFS and/or
    FMS. We take no position on the validity of any specific scientific or
    political opinion expressed in Co-Cure posts, and we urge readers to
    research the various opinions available before assuming any one
    interpretation is definitive. The Co-Cure website <www.co-cure.org> has a
    link to our complete archive of posts as well as articles of central
    importance to the issues of our community.
    -------------------------------
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Hurray!! Wow- everything's happening so fast.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

no kidding it's happening fast - makes me wonder what would have happened if the CDC would have gotten their act together 20+ yrs ago

I know I should try to forgive and let that go, and it's not going to do any good to keep saying "what if they had...", but still.......what if, darn it, what if?! (all those lost yrs and lost quality of life, lost income, etc, all the people that this has affected that might not have had to suffer)

I'm finding that this whole thing is packing a huge emotional wallop, even though I keep telling myself that it is too soon to get overly excited, overly worried, overly in-your-face re the CDC, overly anything....it is just too soon, and there are still so many questions to be answered....that's what the logical part of my brain is saying, but the emotional part is just spinning and overloaded

sorry for sort of hijacking this thread.....it is exciting in its potential and I don't want to detract from that
  4. simpsons

simpsons Member

yes yes yes thank you for putting into words just how i am feeling

so at least we have some brilliant terrier like scientists who will not let go or stop til they have gotten to the bottom of this. so maybe lives now will be saved and the pieces of the jigsaw will come together,

when i saw judy talk and spoke to her at last years invest in me conference judy talked of this research that was upcoming and i had great faith in her and johnathon kerr. as i do in all our leading researchers

you are right we must look forward and be thankful remembering that we have got through worse and will get through this

5. simpsons

simpsons Member

yes yes yes thank you for putting into words just how i am feeling

so at least we have some brilliant terrier like scientists who will not let go or stop til they have gotten to the bottom of this. so maybe lives now will be saved and the pieces of the jigsaw will come together,

when i saw judy talk and spoke to her at last years invest in me conference judy talked of this research that was upcoming and i had great faith in her and johnathon kerr. as i do in all our leading researchers

you are right we must look forward and be thankful remembering that we have got through worse and will get through this

its probably goin g to snowball now you are right there as well

in short i agree with all you say there

6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

thanks for your response to what i wrote....and thanks for posting this in the first place.....with all the news, this thread seems to have been lost in the shuffle, but I guess since I just found it again, my response will bump it back up
  7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

all so amazing!

You know, I wanted to abandon me; it's amazing that some good people stuck with us despite the risk we posed to career and future employment and security.

Thank goodness they are being recognized and getting paid!

It really is remarkable that anyone stood the course but they did, they did!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Can you hear me????

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. spacee

spacee Member

I was seen at the NIH Infectious Disease Dept for 5 years about 1991-1996. They did NOT believe CFS was anything more than a psychiatric illness.

This is HUGE!!

Spacee
  9. simpsons

simpsons Member

spacee yes this is hugh, finally we have nih investment,

WHITTLEMORE PETERSON THANK YOU YOU ARE BRILLIANT ALL OF YOU

NIH THANK YOU FINALLY YOU GOT WITH THE PROGRAMME

WESSLEY EAT MY SHORTS!!!!!