WPI reporting XMRV is not Defretias' virus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by misskoji, Nov 25, 2009.

1. misskoji

misskoji Member

2. hensue

hensue New Member

Just wondering, saw on another board people sent in the test about 5 days before me.
    They are still waiting.
    Take Care
    Happy Thanksgiving
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Makes me wonder then what was De Freitas' virus - Are there two retroviruses infecting us?

We need serious research so badly - thanks for posting -

4. denis321

denis321 New Member

I tend to trust the WPI but they shouldn't be saying these statements based on a few electron microscopy pictures and an old patent application. They should try to find the folks with DeFreitas' virus and re-test them. (e.g. that's what Dr. Bell's trying to do with his patients, some of whom were in the DeFreitas study)

Putting this info out on a Facebook page is interesting to you and me but really they need to have very clear, strongly backed evidence before they put this out to the public. It doesn't help them gain scientific credibility among researchers to do this.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2009]
  5. misskoji

misskoji Member

I did not get my test in. My test was wasted on yet another bad doctor experience. After she sent in someone to draw my blood, she sent the nurse in to tell me she changed her mind and didn't want to sign the lab draw. So without a signature, they would not run the test.
    I'm frustrated to say the least. So I've decided just to wait it out.

I agree with the comments here. I'm not yet convinced that this is not Defretias' virus. And even if it was not, then it WAS and IS still something significant!!!
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

and I have a lot of respect for Dr Bell, too (not that I don't respect WPI - I do very much so, but I still think that this is a bit premature of a declaration)

also regardless if it is the same retrovirus, or not, it is still hard to not be upset that the possibility of a retrovirus was not pursued further at the time of the DeFreitas studies.....she seems to have been on the rt track and she obviously found something.....this could have led to answers so much sooner
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

why on earth did your dr change her mind? that is terrible
  8. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

So, did you ask for a reimbursement for the travel expenses and time in coming to her office, oh and physical damages for an unnecessary intrusion, the needle in your arm.

[This Message was Edited on 11/25/2009]