Wrinkle in my Sheets :) odd one,..but true

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Just curious if anyone else is ever bothered by this:

sometimes I ache so bad that even having the sheet or blanket wrinkle up under me cause me more pain to lay on it!!
    Its a tiny wrinkle for Gods sake!!
    but my body feels it under me and it hurts me!! ???

I have to remove the wrinkle and try another position.

is it just me?
    probably.
    :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Feels like your sleeping on an uneven rock!
    It doesn't take much to start the flare ups and I can't get the sheets to hold still.
    No your not alone.
    Hugs,
    Mary
  3. jyl

jyl Member

You are not odd, at least not here!

jyl
  4. wuki1

wuki1 New Member

me a princess when I toss and turn at night. He is jokingly referring to the story of the princess and the pea.

Kim
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My nightgown too, often I take it off and sleep that way!

Kathy.
  6. CarolK

CarolK New Member

OH YEAH!! Any wrinkle or bump or lump bothers me! And I think I have a "graveyard of pillows" that didn't work out for me! Always trying to find the perfect pillow... if one exists!

I usually end up taking off my nightgown too, and even my panties... end up in the "buff" cause I cannot stand the wrinkles and bunching of the clothing. And yes the sheets and pillow cases even bug me.

Guess there are many of us who are hyper-sensitive to this! Finding a comfortable sleep position is hard enough without the aggrevation of all those "wrinkle monsters" in our beds! lol

Blessings, CarolK
  7. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

the seams on your clothing!!! Ouch. And yes, my husband calls me a princess too because I can feel ANYTHING under me. I hate it.
  8. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

I was so saddened to read this thread.. there was I thinking I was a true blooded princess! Hahahahahahaha ( remember the princess and the pea story?) LOL

I have super sensitive skin and a little old wrinkle feels like a huge hard bouulder underneath me. It is as painful as heck. Also if my nightie bunches it hurts.

Do you also find at times that even your bra and panties can be painful to wear during the day?

Sigh..
  9. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

I did find something that helped, because I couldn't handle the sheets either!

I bought fleece sheets.. it has helped... I use them in the summer too.. so soft and if they bunch a little it doesn't hurt like heck..

Zzz
  10. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

mmm, I bought some at the end of the winter season, but haven't opened them. I think I just might try that. I'm always cold anyhow...
  11. Zzzsharn

Zzzsharn New Member

Oh, def try them.. you'll never go back to cotton!

Sharon
  12. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Well, you are NOT ALONE!!!

I'm actually a finatic about how my bed is made because I just can't tolerate a wrinkle under me!

Even when I bought a really NICE poofy mattress cover with spandex sides, IT loosened over night and I couldn't get it as tight as I wanted, no matter what I did!

I've switched sheets, beds, toppers, and mattress covers with NO LUCK! I even use the elastic straps with the metal snappers on them (like suspenders)on my matress cover AND sheets!

Of course my husband doesn't want to spend anymore money on them (and thinks I'm NUTS).

[This Message was Edited on 07/12/2006]
  13. tandy

tandy New Member

How funny we fibro people are!!

I honestly just wanted to throw this out there,
    and hoped SOMEONE was with me on this one~

I felt kinda nuts thinking how in the heck or why in hell am I so sensitive to smallest lil thing being under me!!??

I'm so relieved to have plenty of company!!
    sorry we're all super sensitive but at least I'm not alone.
    (I thought I might be untill now)
    Thanks everyone,...

and ya know,,.?? I never even saw the princess and the pea. Now I must :)
    Gentle Hugs
    Tandy

14. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I cannot not stand any wrinkles. They feel like branding irons! LOL All sheets should be able to make a nickle bounce!! My pj's get twisted and usually end up on the floor and my blanket is on and off all night.

I have 2 toppers on my mattress, not including heating pad. I have not slept in our bed for over 1 1/2 years. It's either been the sofa, and now, a reclining chair. Very romantic.. I know you are all jealous.... hee hee

We have ordered a Niagara adjustable bed. It has every type of material in it. I loved how it felt. I can keep both my neck and legs elevated. Laying flat is not for me.

Maybe DH and I have a chance for romance yet???!!!!

About the 'princess and the pea'.... we with fibro have been recognized for this exact problem! I read it in one of my fibro books, too.

I'm thinking of the song "Tossing and Turning...."

Here's to a wrinkle free night...

Kim

15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

no seam person I often find myself in the buff st night.I have to keep a robe near because this is Earthquake country.Linda
  16. tampip88

tampip88 New Member

I just wanted you guys to know that I have given up on my bed also! I sleep in the recliner because the texture on my sofa hurts me also. Plus, my husband being in bed and turning also hurts me. It is hard to be a loving wife when you can't stand to be in bed with your husband ~ lol!!!
  17. sues1

sues1 New Member

I know that before I ever heard any fibromites refer to the princess and the pea...I kept telling my hubby that was me. Of course I had to tell him the story. He did not read fairy tales and such when he was young.

I go through times of sleeping on the TV room couch. I am ruining it. My son thinks I should put the things on the opposite wall (that the couch faces) side ways. Also the large wall clock....so I can read it easier......LOL......

I have not bought fleece yet for my bed. I do have the cuddle ewe and love it. My DH is a truck driver with a sleeper. I bought him fleece sheet sets and he loves them do much. He says theymake him sleep like a baby.

He is a natural warm person and they do not bother him in the summer time. Fleece is different from Flannel. Flannel can be nice also, but Fleece is better. I got them at Kohl's, if you have Kohl's in your area, you can check there.

Okay..you can all bow at my feet.........Nighty nite
    Princess of the night... Susan
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks for the laughs on this thread!!! :)

I'm more comfy knowing I have good company.

Somebody above said" Its like sleeping on a uneven rock"
    Thats it!!! perfect description~

Blessings
    Tandy
  19. hangten52

hangten52 New Member

Yep! Any little wrinkling of sheets drives me nuts. Also, I'm like Kathy, I sleep in the buff. My nerve pain is at it's worst at nighttime and anything touching my skin makes my skin crawl.

donnaC
  20. TAM

TAM New Member

HI TANDY,

NO it's not just you ,don't feel like your going crazy?!
    Anything like that bothers , sometimes the covers even hurt to touch me, and makes the pain worse. Take care.
    Tammy