Wrist Pain: Could This Be FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Sep 21, 2002.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I get recurrent pain in my wrists, especially my right wrist, which I have been attributing to over-stressing my wrist by using the mouse and/or by using the control mechanism for my scooter. (I also have MS and use a scooter when I go out in the community, e.g., shopping. The scooter has a device on the handlebars that I press forward with my right thumb to go forward or, on the orther side of the center post, press forward with my left thumb to go backward.) I was just diagnosed with FMS about three weeks ago, but I'm sure I've had it longer than that. (I can't remember when I *didn't* have pain in my neck and shoulders.)

My doctor just gave me a wrist support to wear for the wrist pain but never really diagnosed it. I'm sure it's not carpal tunnel syndrome, but I thought it might be tenosynovitis. The pain is mostly right where the wrist and thumb join, though sometimes it seems to radiate or ache about halfway up my forarm (halfway between my wrist and elbow).

Does this sound like FMS-related pain? If anybody else has experienced it, how did you deal with it?

Thanks,

Laura

2. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I get recurrent pain in my wrists, especially my right wrist, which I have been attributing to over-stressing my wrist by using the mouse and/or by using the control mechanism for my scooter. (I also have MS and use a scooter when I go out in the community, e.g., shopping. The scooter has a device on the handlebars that I press forward with my right thumb to go forward or, on the orther side of the center post, press forward with my left thumb to go backward.) I was just diagnosed with FMS about three weeks ago, but I'm sure I've had it longer than that. (I can't remember when I *didn't* have pain in my neck and shoulders.)

My doctor just gave me a wrist support to wear for the wrist pain but never really diagnosed it. I'm sure it's not carpal tunnel syndrome, but I thought it might be tenosynovitis. The pain is mostly right where the wrist and thumb join, though sometimes it seems to radiate or ache about halfway up my forarm (halfway between my wrist and elbow).

Does this sound like FMS-related pain? If anybody else has experienced it, how did you deal with it?

Thanks,

Laura