Wrist pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beckula, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Beckula

Beckula New Member

My right wrist has been in a constant aching-like pain for a few days now and I have no idea what is wrong, but I feel like it's not bad--like I looked at a few checklists if it's an emergency or whatnot and it's not.

But I just have this weird feeling...it's not my writing hand (I am left-handed). It just feels weak (like I tried picking up my chihuahua, Stormy and it hurts).

Has this ever happened to anyone?
  2. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I've felt this pain since Thursday--when is a reasonable timeframe to see a doc if it doesn't clear up?
  3. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

for carpal tunnel syndrome? CTS usually involves numbness and tingling in the middle, ring and pinky fingers along with the pain.

Linda
  4. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I don't have any numbness or tingling. Just pain when I bend my wrist down (so my fingers are facing the floor).
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

down is also indicative of carpal tunnel syndrome. Bending your wrist the opposite direction wouldn't hurt. You may, however, have other issues going on. If this continues you might to consider getting checked by your dr.

Linda
  6. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I guess it still hurts, but I just don't see a reason to go to the doc yet--they'll probably send me home telling me to wear a wrist support thing (which I already have) and take ibuprofen (which I already take).
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

My wrists are one of my pain areas. But as long as I type w/my magnetic wrist wraps, I don't get it.

I treat all of my joints this way. Have since the 80's.

LIGHT*********carole
  8. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

yes i have crippling wrist pain every day 24/7 365 days a year.
    I wear a splint for my rheumatism it is sheer agony.
    I have a very very bad case of alkl my 40 illnesses i have a wheelchair & my rheumatism are at their worst ever.
    I cry myself to sleep at night due to the crippling pain i have.
    Try to look on the bright side you are very very special & we all love you so much on here.
    Youre constantly in my prayers.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibgrolady37.
  9. place

place New Member

any time I have pain in joints or know an activity will give me a flair up, they really help. I have one for every bending joint