Wrist Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jan 2, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I am having trouble with my wrists. They all of a sudden will start hurting, kind of like they are sprained or strained, then they will ease after a while.

I wear a wrist support brace around my wrist and hand, but think I need something to wrap around my wrists only. I am a massage therapist and have been doing massage for several years.

I am off during he holidays and am about to go back to work. Does anyone know of any wrist wraps or suppors that don't go around the hand. It gets in the way of massage if it covers my hand area.
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Try doing a google search for ColdOne wrist wraps. I use one when I need something cold rather than my usual wrist splints.

I hope it helps. Doing massage for a living must be very rewarding, but also very hard on you physically.

Lynna
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Its the strangest thing but I was having problems with my wrists too. I found out from a blood allergy test that I was allergic to eggs. I avoided the allergen list and all kinds of problems were averted but when I re-introduced eggs, my wrists started catching and hurting.

Also, look at Systemic Enzymes. Enzymes reduce inflammation, clean the blood, dissolve scar tissue and eat the isoprin coating on viruses.

With allergic foods, they break down the protiens into amino acids. Ppl are allergic mostly to the protien of an allergen, but once its an amino acid, its former history is gone!

Enzymes are cheap and safe. No LD-50. Walmart has "Rexall" 200 tabs/$7. My mom's FM has been better at 6 tabs/day. When you find your magic dose, you'll know in 24 hours.
  4. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

I am/was a bindry worker. (book making) It involved using mostly my hands and wrists. Because of that, I have carpul tunnel. Sounds like that is also true with you. One thing I found, was to wear the supports at night when I sleep. You should not have trouble finding them at a good drug store. Also try iceing them for a few minutes in the evening. Good luck and feel better soon!
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes, massage therapy is very rewarding, but you hit the nail when you said it must be hard on you physically. The cold wraps do sound very soothing.

Thanks for the advice from others also. Anyone else?

Kriket