Write To Barbara Walters At "The View"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Today while doing a segment on summer reading, "Seabiscuit" was mentioned and Barbara Walters took great effort to mention that the author had CFIDS and wrote the book from her home.

I think Barbara Walters may be sympathetic to our cause. She is a coproducer on the show, so I think we should send her short, really, keep it short, e-mails requesting that "The View" consider doing a show on FMS/CFIDS since it affects so many women.

Use your search engine to find the website for "The View." There is a place to click to contact Ms. Walters. Now is not the time for long e-mails with personal history. All we want at this point is a foot in the door. Please, also proof your e-mails or ask someone else to so that fog won't make them difficult to understand.

Love, Mikie

2. IacheIache

IacheIache New Member

to Barbaras mailbag.
    I agree, and thought she may be sympathetic too.
    Hope she does something on the topic.
    Lets all flood her with mail!!!
    ~Thea~
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for writing. This is the first indication that someone in the media takes our illnesses seriously. What's the worst that can happen? These things take a lot of time, but if we keep at it, eventually, someone will give us some media time.

Love, Mikie
  4. dd

dd New Member

Will be sending an email today. It can't hurt.

Peace,

Debbie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks to you too. Again, I don't know if this will help, but as Madwolf says, "It can't hoit!" If nothing else, it helps us know that we are doing something constructive about advocacy for our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  6. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

I missed the View today,,,,napping of course. I think we will be hearing more and more about CFS with the release of the Seabiscuit movie. Sending am email today. Tulip
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I believe that you are right about the movie. This may be our best opportunity for media attention. Perhaps we will even gain a prominent spokesperson which we desperately need.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do not know much about web TV; if anyone else here does, could you please answer so that all of us will know. If you can access search engines like Yahoo or Google, you can find the website. If not, I will e-mail it to you. Let me know, please.

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have e-mailed the info to you as I don't know how long it will take for someone with web tv experience to answer us. I have made exceptions in the past for advocacy issues, but the Webmaster has asked me to stick to the "No URL's Rule," so I am complying.

I have posted under another topic to see if anyone here knows a lot, or a little, about web tv. Hope we get some responses.

Love, Mikie
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

BTW, Marian, it appears from Shazz's response that you are able to do web searches on web tv. That's a great advantage for you. You just need to play around with it to get used to using it.

Love, Mikie
  11. dojomo

dojomo New Member

Just type THE VIEW in the search box on your home page......The View TV show should be your first result. That will take you to the offical site. Good Luck......DJ
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know I can always count on our members to help us out.

Love, Mikie
  13. KayL

KayL New Member

I just wrote to her too....

Karen
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Each and every e-mail counts. It may not do anything for us today, but if enough of us write, it may well spark a future segment on our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  15. gotcha

gotcha New Member

Consider it done.
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We ARE making headway in the media; it's just taking a long time. Our efforts are not in vain; sometimes people have to hear something two or three times before it sinks in. Colonel Sanders took his chicken recipe to 1,000 people before anyone was interested enough in it to finance him.

I just told my old boss on the phone last night that my illness has been a life lesson in patience, which, BTW, I really needed :)

Thank you all who wrote. You have done a good thing for all of us.

Love, Mikie
  17. billiegail

billiegail New Member

18. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am going to the View right now.
    Klutzo
  19. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Might not help but it sure can't hurt.

Take care.....Kathi
  20. BabsFl

BabsFl New Member

I wrote! I don't know if it will help or not but it was short and to the point. I guess we will have to be watching and see what happens. They say there is power in numbers so I guess we will see what happens. Hopefully good things will become of it. Keeping fingers crossed!!

Barb