Writing the President of the USA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, May 14, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

The address is president@whitehouse.gov and the vice is, vice.president@whitehouse.gov. They are busy but dont you think that if 12,000,000 of us contacted them that they would be more apt to pay attention. He has the power to help us and that is what needs to happen. I think it is wonderful how we are all pulling together and making something happen for ourselves. We have suffered enough alone. There is power in numbers. Sis, [Sandra D also]
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

& received an auto response email stating that due to the large amt. of email he receives, someone else reads it & if they think it's something he needs to see, they pass it along to him. I was going to email the Vice Pres. but could not for the life of me remember how to spell his last name (gee, imagine that) & didn't want to write Dear Dick :) Maybe I'll look it up & send him one now. Can't hurt!

Take care.........Kathi
  3. insomniac1

insomniac1 New Member

thats a good idea im just reading thru some of the messages and came across yours you can count on me im gona write tonight it cant hurt kris
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Dick Cheney Vice President.................

Good luck...

Shalom, Shirl
  5. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

First of all, I think it is GREAT that some of you wrote the President.
    If you really want to be noticed. write a very NICE polite letter and MAIL it.
    Written letters have more influence than email.

Personally, I suggest writing the Laura the First Lady.
    The First Lady, historically, picks up pet projects.
    I'd be honored to be one of her "pets".
    LOL

as a long time supporter of George W. Bush, I really think that if ENOUGH of us mailed letters to him AND Laura, that we MIGHT be heard.
    to get MORE info on this out. I suggest we all hit as many FMS ( and similar diseases) web site forums. to get the word out. AND also put it in letters to the editor of magazines such as fm Aware magazine. ( I think that' the name of it????)

Anyway,
    keep sending info and letters to you local and state reps.
    also.
    if you send a letter EVERY month. they get annoyed with you and are FORCED to reply. LOL I've seen it work on LOTS of issues. ( I homeschool and homeschoolers like to keep tabs on the folks on capital hill.)

God bless, Keep up the good work, and I hope you vote for "W" Nov 04... ok. so that was a shameless political comment. Oh well.
    I'm a proud navy wife, and "W" supports our military and the military is honored to serve with him.

J-bearmama
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

for the spelling. I just don't know why, but lately I can't seem to spell - even the simplist words.

I did write to all my state & federal reps. - a real letter & put it in the mail a week ago. Haven't heard from any yet. There is one who has helped me with a worker's comp problem I had & a school bus law I thought wasn't right. He made it right!! So, I'm hoping to hear at least from him.

Writing to Laura Bush is an excellent idea!

It does make me feel better just knowing we are all trying to be heard.

Take care......Kathi
  7. baybe

baybe New Member

Now that would be something, we could have a ongoing call to the White House, that would ring their bell, couldn't help the obvious.
    All or our Congressmen and Political Servants have their phones manned. I haven't called the actual White House for years, but at last count they still answered the phones and took messages. Getting in touch with the Surgeon General and Atty. General couldn't hurt either seeing as it's the battle between medicine and malpractice that always leave the Doctors with an excuse for their behavior.