Wrongly diagnosed for 2 years - see real cause

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Misdiagnosed, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

I will ask my sharp Chiro next time I see her.<BR>
  2. bulgaria

bulgaria New Member

Hi, Gill I Realise that it is a long time since you posted here, but I too am struggling with a PSOAS issue and would be grateful for any info you can give me re the person you saw in Adelaide or a massage therapist in Sydney who is competent in this area, Thank you
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/23/2013</i>]
  3. bulgaria

bulgaria New Member

Hi Aidan, did you ever manage to sort out your issues? If you did find a therapist in Sydney I'd love to hear about him/her? Thank you!
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/23/2013</i>]
  4. roge

roge Member

but a psoas is not going to cause all the many symptoms of FM - please
  5. Hiya Gill, I hope you still receive notices, I know it's been a long time....

I have a very long story too and it sounds a lot like yours except mine started when I woke up in recovery after an operation in 2011 and found my right leg paralysed.

I was wondering if you might still have the contact details of who you say in Adelaide.

Thanks so much.
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Wow, this is a very interesting thread and I think this was also a big part of what was happening to me , though I do wonder was the psoas getting so tight a cause or effect of something else.

So I went to an intuitional healer last year who said my symptoms are those of a very tight psoas and proceeded to release it and stretch it and I think he went overboard - in trying to release it he put so much pressure that the blood around there pooled up and I had a red mark on my lower abdomen for a week - BUT I felt SO much better later ( though I could not walk straight for 4-5 days after he did this ). So much of the body discomfort went away.

But then after a couple of months the tightness came back , though not as much, so I have also been going around trying to get it released periodically and stretching it.

The psoas is a huge and very powerful muscle and anything going wrong with it , which can happen to most people who sit too long , can throw the whole body out of whack.

Love,
    Deepak
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  7. Gill, Gill, Gill...... where are you?

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for posting this thread..... without your information I would never have found AJ (Aileen Jefferis). I'm currently in my Hotel room in Adelaide & have just got off the phone with AJ.
    This is my second week long stint seeing her for treatment and I must say she is one very clever lady.
    Her treatment has worked miracles for me and it's all because of you.

I do hope you return here one day so I can hear how you are going.... email me if you wish, I'd be more than happy to hear from you.

cheshchambers at Gmail. com
  8. Topmarks

Topmarks Member

Hi, Gill or anybody on this forum. I realise that most of the posts are over 10 years old but I have a psoas that is going into spasm regularly. I live in the UK so Adelaide is out for me. Does anyone have an email address for Aileen Jeffris as she might be able to advise someone here how to treat me ?
  9. Hiya Topmarks, I'm a patient of 'AJ's', I'll ask her for her contact details.
  10. Topmarks, I also have a number of copies of her book. Would you like me to send you one?
  11. Topmarks

Topmarks Member

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just found her email on her charity website, the web is a wonderful thing, so have emailed her tonight . I am based in the UK, not Australia making it a bit more difficult but am hoping she might be able to enlighten a therapist here to help me with my psoas spasm. Hope your treatment is going well. Can I come back to you if I don't hear back from her ?
  12. Sure, no problem Topmarks. I'll be speaking with her over the weekend, I'll mention you're sending an email.
    If you like, you can contact me via my gmail account..... cheshchambers. (sorry, you can't post URL's on this forum).
    That way I'll be able to let her know which email to look out for. Also, if you like, you can give me your address and I'll send you a copy of her book for both you and your therapist to take a look at.
  13. Topmarks

Topmarks Member

Hi, Chesh, have tried to email you so please let me know if you receive it. Mark