Wrongly diagnosed for 2 years - see real cause

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Misdiagnosed, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

I will ask my sharp Chiro next time I see her.<BR>
  2. bulgaria

bulgaria New Member

Hi, Gill I Realise that it is a long time since you posted here, but I too am struggling with a PSOAS issue and would be grateful for any info you can give me re the person you saw in Adelaide or a massage therapist in Sydney who is competent in this area, Thank you
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/23/2013</i>]
  3. bulgaria

bulgaria New Member

Hi Aidan, did you ever manage to sort out your issues? If you did find a therapist in Sydney I'd love to hear about him/her? Thank you!
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 02/23/2013</i>]
  4. roge

roge Member

but a psoas is not going to cause all the many symptoms of FM - please
  5. Hiya Gill, I hope you still receive notices, I know it's been a long time....

I have a very long story too and it sounds a lot like yours except mine started when I woke up in recovery after an operation in 2011 and found my right leg paralysed.

I was wondering if you might still have the contact details of who you say in Adelaide.

Thanks so much.
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Wow, this is a very interesting thread and I think this was also a big part of what was happening to me , though I do wonder was the psoas getting so tight a cause or effect of something else.

So I went to an intuitional healer last year who said my symptoms are those of a very tight psoas and proceeded to release it and stretch it and I think he went overboard - in trying to release it he put so much pressure that the blood around there pooled up and I had a red mark on my lower abdomen for a week - BUT I felt SO much better later ( though I could not walk straight for 4-5 days after he did this ). So much of the body discomfort went away.

But then after a couple of months the tightness came back , though not as much, so I have also been going around trying to get it released periodically and stretching it.

The psoas is a huge and very powerful muscle and anything going wrong with it , which can happen to most people who sit too long , can throw the whole body out of whack.

Love,
    Deepak
    Waynesrhythm likes this.
  7. Gill, Gill, Gill...... where are you?

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for posting this thread..... without your information I would never have found AJ (Aileen Jefferis). I'm currently in my Hotel room in Adelaide & have just got off the phone with AJ.
    This is my second week long stint seeing her for treatment and I must say she is one very clever lady.
    Her treatment has worked miracles for me and it's all because of you.

I do hope you return here one day so I can hear how you are going.... email me if you wish, I'd be more than happy to hear from you.

cheshchambers at Gmail. com