WV football players killed in crash one was my cousin UPDATE 6/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I know the people in my area have heard about the 5 boys coming back from the beach last week had a wreck in AL.

There was one that was flown back here and it has been up and down for him. He died yesterday. I will admit I didn't know him, but I am close to his grandmother. I only have 2 living aunts, they are both in their 80's.

We were all close when we were younger, then I moved away for 17 years and admit I lost touch with my cousins. When I came back here for my mother, I wasn't able to re-connect because of my mom and my own illness's.

He was a twin and a famous twin in this area. He and his siter were the very first babies concevied threw invetro in the area. It was a big deal at the time.

His mother has had a difficult time, she had a brain anurism sp?, got over that, then got breast cancer. She has had her share, now to lose her son.

I am going to go to the funeral, no details right now. You can go to WSAZ dot com, local tv station that has the whole story on line.

So please pray for my aunts and their family. They are going need all the strength they can. Thank you, Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2007]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it brought tears to my eyes....i feel some of your pain and your families. i will read about this in a moment. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

i just encourage breavemnt counseling asap for everyone of you. i have been in group meetings and people have difficult time getting over their own parents death, yet to have a young person's life taken so early must be the most difficult i feel. i looked it up and watched the programs, it is going to be tough for the kids that did survive the accident, guilt and blaming possibly...i hope they all get some help w/the tragic ordeal...how sad..it made me cry for all of them and you.

lots of hugs and strength coming to you from me.

[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2007]
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I read your post, read the article and listened to the news broadcast. It is so sad that there had been a chance for recovery but it was taken away.

It doesn't matter that you weren't as close in recent years as in years past. It doesn't diminish the memories of the good times.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayer.

4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I didn't know that he had died, I haven't watched any news today, been gone...

so sorry for your families loss.

I had hoped and prayed he would pull thru, I seen on one news broadcast that his mother had survived breast cancer and something else that I couldn't remember...

We will keep all the boys and their families in our prayers...

5. laceymae

laceymae New Member

just watched WOWK, what a special family the Gleason's are, at this tragic time to include so many people, espically all of those youngs people that were there, sharing in this grief...

They are truly a family to be proud of...lacey
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

My aunt is an incediable woman whom I have loved and admired for many years. She retired from a Hallnark card store after working 20 years at the age of 82, yes eighty two.

Always coifed and stylish, this is going to be hard for her, She lost her 40 yo son 3 years ago to obesetity, he weighed about 700 pounds when he died. He was always the clown and kept a party going.

My aunt has started to have medical issues now, she is 84, still drives and looks about 70. But forgetfullness has slipped in on her.

The viewing is Mon from 4-9, funeral 11:am Tues.

Mon I have to take my best freind to have her first colonoscopy, she just turns 50.

It is all just so sad, I do not know the cause of the accident, I couldn't load any videos. I do know another car was involved.

Thank you all so much, I know I come and go but I am here more than you know. I just have to limit my time for my animals. That is another post :) Bless you all. Carla
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been watching this story on the local news stations (WSAZ, etc.)

My condolences for the loss of your cousin.

I wish keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love and Hugs,
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

I posted on jlh's post of the Creation of Ground the ground of expereince.

It was the largest funeral that I have ever been to and was very moving. Please read jlh's post for more. I'm really brain dead and need to be in bed. It was a life changing day-Thank you all again for being here.Carla