wwhat do you collect?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ellie5320, Nov 6, 2005.

1. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

I just read a post by suzetal about her bears and thought this might be an interesting thread

I collect cup saucers and plates ( a lot of dusing ) but love them
    Linda
  2. zoose

zoose New Member

I mostly collect dust balls around my house :)

zoose
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I collect Wizard of Oz.
    anything!! My collection is pretty good sized by now.
    I started when my son was 2 yrs old cause he LOVED the movie!! I sware he'd watch that movie everyday!
    I have books,t shirts,ornaments,musical plates,thimbles,etc.
    I have'nt added anything new in over a yr.
    Cause I feel I should have it all displayed in my home,..and I don't. Kinda a waste?
  4. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Tattoos.

I have more tattoos then I do anything else.
  5. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

The only thing I collect are dust balls as well.

:):)
    JEn
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I own two Pembroke Welsh Corgis and I am just nuts about the breed. I collect everything I can get my hands on related to Pembrokes. I have collector plates, afghans, statues, refrigerator magnets, notepads, rugs, coffee mugs, you name it.

Michelle
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Love cat stuff! Figures, plaques, etc. Love them.

Also like Occupied Japan china and figures. I have a tea set my grandfather brought back from the Korean War...that started my interest.

But, cats are the thing. Love the little guys.

Sue

Good post, Linda.
  8. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

It started just before my mom died. And I didn't realize that she, too collected them. So, when she died, I ended up getting her collection!!

I have them all over the house-as planters, on the counters, in my china cabinet. Large, small, ceramic, stainless steel, copper, porcelain, Christmas ornaments, etc.

NOW, I need a nice hutch to display them all!! PG
  9. tuesdaygirl

tuesdaygirl New Member

hi linda, just thought i would let you know i collect dragons take care caroline
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

But have over 1000 and just no more room. They are on on baker's racks in a tiny room, so I rarely even get to see them.

I should have never started this because I'm allergic to dust and you can guess the rest.

I like collecting John Lennon things, Beatles stuff, Miami Dolphins pics and things and Dallas Cowboys stuff.

I have enough cat stuff and I don't think my cleaning girl thinks it is much fun to have to dust some of these things. I kinda want my family to stop giving me little knick knacks, but I still get them. I'm running out of room. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  11. millennia

millennia New Member

I collect shot glasses. Whenever I visit a new place I buy a shot glass with the name of the place on it (I mean cities, states, countries, etc. I don't buy a shot glass from every store I go in, lol). I don't have as many as I'd like. Maybe one day!
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I collect Boyds Bears.Love everything about them.

Great way to keep the dust off is with a hair dryer.

Most of mine are in cabinets.But I do have alot that I display.

My holiday ones are about to come out.Cant wait.

Sue
  13. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I have hundreds of them and I've read each one at least once. I love to cook.

I also collect gourmet food stuffs, oils, salts. Maybe I shouldn't say collect because I do use them.

Regards

Eileen

14. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I collect creamware. It's in my kitchen.
    Teapots and pitchers sugars creamers with pink roses on them. They are in my office.
    Cookbooks too. I love to read them.
    Lynn
  15. snow_white1920

snow_white1920 New Member

cookbooks, like my mother, by my mother. I guess she thought I needed the help. lol. I also collect key chains from every place I have visited.
    I used to collect unicorns but got sick of the cleaning so got rid of them in yard sales. I am also getting sick of cookbooks that remain in boxes, so those too I have been selling in my yard sales.
    I have gotten out of collecting and gathering things that have no functional use. I HATE CLUTTER AND DUSTING. But the keychains take very little space (I keep them in a shoebox).
  16. therxmouse

therxmouse New Member

I just love Gollies,or Gollywogs as some people call them. I have collected bears all my life and heard a story about Gollies. Seems they have the magic to protect your teddies. Well, that was just too cute to resist.

They are a bit hard to find here in the states so I get a lot of them on e-bay from the UK. I am partial to the minis as most of my teddies are the tiny variety.

I have been told that it looks like I'm racial but I've never viewed it as an African American collection. They are toys! And adorable ones at that.

Tandy~ have you visited the Wizard of Oz Festival in Chesterton, Indiana? Sounds like something you would love.
  17. libra55

libra55 New Member

In addition to the Corgis I also collect Christmas ornaments. I buy a new one every year, try to get one with the date on it. I also buy one for each of my kids so they have there own collection. I try to get things that relate to there hobbies or what they like to do.

Mable I also collect porcelain dolls but I stopped I have to many of them to count! I also inherited my SIL's collection of porcelian dolls and clowns when she passed away. Most of my porcelains are boxed up. My house is little, I don't have any place to display them. Too bad, some of them are really pretty.

Sherby my college roommate collected hippos too!

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2005]
  18. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

My Dad started collecting COINS (for me) when I was little.
    The man I would eventually marry took to it with my Dad and began the "hoard"...We are together 20 years tomorrow and decided to start obtaining coins again (we stopped when Dad died in 1997)actually we are going to start researching today so we make the most logical choices...

Since we started dating, everywhere we went we got a SHOT GLASS...We haven't gone anywhere since these DD's began, hopefully we will get to add to that collection too...

Then my hubby started me on PRECIOUS MOMENTS, the porcelain bisque and the plush TENDER TAILS...I have my den full of them!!!

My fave of all the things I adore would have to be my LABS!
    Not that I collect them, but I am passionate about them and they are my #1 LOVE!!!

Very fun topic!!!
  19. 1horse

1horse New Member

Let see. I collect elmers (funny horse figurines) and ellies. and I am sort of a packrat so I collect carnival glass and head vases... also being from az. I collect indian things. I had a patient that was a indian medicine woman and did pottery and I bought a few pieces. lovely lady and so very talented.. this is fun thanks
  20. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I've been collecting stamps (U.S. and foreign) for over 20 years now. I used to go to more stamp shows, but with the FMS I haven't been able to now. There is a store that sells stamps about 45 minutes from me and I have managed to get there a couple of times. I've always been interested in learning about different countries and their way of life.

Ellen