Xanax Doesn't Interfere with Stage 4 Sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 21, 2005.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I just read an article that xanax was the only benzo that doesn't interfere with stage 4 sleep and some doctors are now prescribing it instead of elivil for pts..

Since I take xanax I was glad to hear something good about it..It has been a good drug for me. I will probably be on for life if the doctor will continue to give it..

I am not sure which site but I found it under google...

Thought I would pass this along...
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

How have you been? I have tried the supplements and there are days I think they help and days I am not so sure..

My fatigue, anxiety and depression seems somewhat improved but my aches and pain seem to be worse but I am doing more..

There are days I forget to take my supplements, that is not all of them..I can say I have not had any side effects at all and they certainly haven 't hurt..I think if I could remember to take them regularly for one month, all of them everyday then I would know for sure...

I am making myself go and do more, of course there are days like today its from bed to recliner but I have really over done the past few days....

Not sure if I mentioned it but I am actually trying to work 5 hrs a week in a near by office...which does help with depression just being able to get out of the house..There are days I think there is no way I can get up, get dressed and get there but I have made myself but have to go to bed when I get home...I am taking it one day at a time and hope I can continue especially with the winter months ahead...

So update me on you and how you are doing...

Hugs

[This Message was Edited on 09/21/2005]
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Greatgran! I have been hearing the same thing for many years. I take .5 mg. of Xanax 3 x a day since 1997. I still have a big problem going to sleep and sometimes it is 3:30 AM, before I fall asleep, but I need about 12 hours of sleep. I get up around 11:45 AM anyways.

I have not been getting on the computer at night since I have been sick. Have been missing a lot of posts because of it.

I had to stop taking the sublingual melatonin because it was putting marks on my back and over different parts of my body. Since I have quit, the marks are finally going away. It did help my sleep at one point, though.

Hugs,
    Faye
    How are things going in Galax? I'm in Chester, VA.
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Great to meet a Xanax buddy..Do you have anxiety or is it just this DD is why you take them...I have been on them for 4 years now..

I use to live in Richmond and worked for the Chesterfield County School Board..My stepson and his wife have just purchased
    a home and I believe its is Chester not sure what their new address will be...

Things are the same in Galax since I am not into social things anymore, not sure what goes on...

Good to meet a Va and xanax friend...
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have anxiety and they think it is due to the Prozac, but I need the Prozac for the pain of FMS. This is the problem I've been having lately as my family doc who gives me the Xanax and Lortabs doesn't take our health insurance anymore. :( Dropped us right in the middle of the year. I didn't know until I was sick on Saturday.

We think we will stay with our insurance plan as we don't need to get referrals and we can file the claims with our PPO and eventually get 70% back.

Almost ready to get off the computer for the day. Don't know if I'll get on here tonight or not. Just depends. Hope you are doing well.

Big hugs,
    Faye