Xanax update - SUE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Aug 12, 2005.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Hey! I just called the pharmacy and my prescription is ready!!! Yea! I expected when I called that they were going to either say the docs office had not called back or they denied it. But she said "we have one for alprazolam"(which of course is the generic and you can see why I just say Xanax!!! I had to get the bottle out to spell it and for sure I can't say it!).

I was very happy not to have to do anything else.

Thanks for your concern yesterday and I wanted to update you.

Sonya
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

That is pretty much all I can think of to say. I am just so blown away at the way we are often made to beg and plead, just to have some quality of life. I am so happy that you are getting your med!
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I've been off the melatonin for 2 nights and haven't been able to sleep hardly at all.

I was just wondering it the melatonin was causing this flat red rash I was getting around my hips on both sides. Think I'm going back to the melatonin tonight as I was up most of last night. Well I was just laying in bed awake until around 5:30 AM.

I know I should go to the doctor about the rash, but I really don't want to have to drop my pants for him to see this if you get my drift. I'll try some creams on it. Figures it would be at that place instead of my legs or arms. :(

Let me know how the Xanax helps you, Sonya. How many miligrams are you taking at night before bed?

Hugs,
    Faye
    Sorry, Sonya, I haven't been able to be on the board much lately. I've missed too much that has been going on here, I guess. lol
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I replied to your email too, but don't remind repeating. I take Xanax for anxiety as needed, 1/2 of a .25mg pill. I take Klonopin, Elavil and melatonin at night. Klonopin does make me sleepy, but I really take it for light sensitivity.

Sue had posted to me about my saying I was worried about a refill so I had posted to tell her, not realizing she is on vacation for 10 days.

Sonya
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

glad to hear that you get an unexpected benefit. I got one from the Klonopin also, and that was more energy, but I suspect it allows me to get better sleep and that is why.

Sonya