Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Mar 5, 2011.

1. quanked

quanked Member

This article is on Prohealth (link below) with a link to a video about those tested for XMRV from the Lyndonville Outbreak. I am not sure why this is not being touted as a duplication of the WPI XMRV Study.

“New Evidence is Reopening the Case” of Lyndonville Outbreak – WSJ Report & Video Featuring Dr. Bell

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Cluster outbreaks of illnesses appear to have led to CFIDS/ME. I live just 30 miles down the coast where there was an outbreak in Punta Gorda, FL following some very strange govt. spraying project for mosquitoes. Only problem is that it wasn't the time for spraying for mosquitoes. This was back in the 50's. What was really in that spray has never been uncovered.

My CFIDS/ME was triggered full blown by a mycoplasma infection, which is found in 3 out of 4 vets with Gulf War Syndrome. I lived next to a military facility where soldiers were being vaccinated for deployment to the first Gulf War. Subsequent studies have found that this bacterial infection goes stealth and chronic in the body and thrives below the immune system's radar. It took 2 1/2 years on Doxycycline to ge my infection under control. Like with Lyme, though, it deposits cysts deep inside the body's tissue and can reactivate. The Doxy got the infection under control but didn't cure my CFIDS/ME.

It is my belief that trying to find an infectious agent which "causes' CFIDS/ME is looking too far up the tree of this illness. It is also my belief that there is something in PWCs' immune systems which doesn't allow them to recover from infections, traumas, stress and/or environmental factors. Sure, if we suffer from some chronic infection, that will have to be addressed for us to heal, but if we want to find the "cause" of our illnesses, I believe researchers must start with our immune system dysfunctions.

Love, Mikie