XMRV transmitted via Coughing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, May 28, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Here's the study...

Here's the quote:

"Our findings indicate that XMRV or virus-infected cells might be carried in and transmitted by the respiratory tract."

If this turns out to be true...what a plaque.

God Bless,

2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

It's not transmitted by coughing, that we know of yet.

All this study found, was that NO ONE KNOWS. They found NON-infectious XMRV particles, primarily in the respiratory tract of people who were severely immuno-comprised.

But they COULD NOT FIND any infectious XMRV in their respitory tract.

No one knows if it can be transmitted that way.

Just because it's THERE, doesn't mean there is the type or amount of virus needed for transmission to another person. Please no one get excited.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Elisa - Considering CFS/ME has been around for at least the past 30 years and only affects between 3 to 5% of the population, even if it turns out that XMRV plays a role in this illness, it certainly won't be a "plague". The Plague is a serious, potentially life-threatening infectious disease that is usually transmitted to humans by the bites of rodent fleas.
  4. simonedb

simonedb Member

well since xmrv is linked to prostrate cancer and cfs who is to say it isn't causative or linked to many other illnesses? In that regard it could be a lot more far reaching but just expresses itself differently in dif people depending on their genetic or environmental vulnerabilty...ie cancer in one person, cfs in another, bipolar in someone else, heart disease in some etc etc Its my belief that most illnesses will boil down to viruses or bacterial infection mixed with individual predispositions in the end.......
    [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2010]
  5. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to post the article and quote the authors point of view - not mine.

I used the word "plague" as my own reference - its a plague to me...not as in a plague to mankind.

Anyway...thought it was an interesting article - no one ever explained how the outbreaks occured and as many clusters are often respiratory in nature. Keep in mind there may be a window of infectiousness. Just sayin'

God Bless,