xyrem are you on it? does it work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I have read somewhere we might have a study released in october about this drug. Or did i dream it. I dont dream so i must have read it. Some places i read it really helps
    give me all the insight you have about it. I read this drug you use to could get at health food store. What?
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I will try one more time to bump this for a response. I guess none of our members have a answer....
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

Havent used xrem, but from what i have read it induces stage 4 sleep which is what we are lacking. Avanza is one medication that is suppose to induce stage 4 deep sleep. From personal experience it works well but has a hangover effect and taken regulary it loses its effect on sleep.
  5. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

and at one time it WAS available at health food stores.

Since it did in fact induce deep sleep, it was abused became known as the "date-rape drug".

As a severe and exhausted insomniac I was excited about the possibility of this drug helping me to get restorative sleep. I finally was able to try it a couple years ago. It did put me to sleep, but I still didn't get very MUCH sleep on it, and I felt no better in the daytime, so I gave it up. It is also prohibitively expensive and insurance is unlikely to cover it unless you have narcolepsy.

But I understand and believe that it has been life-changing for some (especially narcoleptics).

(it's pretty amazing to think it used to be over-the-counter....now it is a HIGHLY restricted drug!)