Xyrem Supplemental Med

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slwolf, Apr 13, 2006.

1. slwolf

slwolf New Member

Does anyone take Xyrem with another medication other than Klonopin? I currently take Xyrem with Klonopin and Valarian but still do not get optimal sleep. Though the Xyrem has helped I was wondering if there might be something else better to take along with the Xyrem. Thank you.
  2. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

...the Xyrem, the reduced my Ambien from 20 to 10 mg, and then off the Ambien. I still take Klonopin during the day, but I'm not supposed to take it with the Xyrem at night. I'm taking the ZMA supplement from Pro Health, but it hasn't really helped me personally. Not sure they really want you taking another sedative at the same time at night as the Xyrem because it is so strong, at least that's the impression I've gotten from my doc and what I've read.

Trish
  3. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

For at least 2 yrs., I've taken 200 mgs. 5-HTP to help with sleep and increase my serotonin. My serotonin hasn't improved, but I did think the 5-HTP helped me fall asleep faster. I started Xyrem around March and Dr. said I could still take 5-HTP but several hrs. before Xyrem. I've always taken 5-htp at 7:30 p.m, so that was no change for me. Really, I may stop 5-HTP becuase the Xyrem is helping me. I hope you find something that helps.