xyrem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SandraD, Aug 19, 2003.

1. SandraD

SandraD New Member

Hi, Haven't been on in a long time, needed a break from everything. Recently though, I went to a sleep clinic in Michigan and was tested for numerous things. Yesterday I went for the results and the Dr. agreed I had fibro and was only sleeping 33% of the night, waking and moving. He has now prescribed Xyrem. I read the boards and though at first I was sceptical, it now sounds like I will actually be able to sleep! It may take up to a month to get the med. It is under strict substance control and can only be gotten from the drug company itself. The Dr. has to send in the information and then the co. checks to see if insurance will pay for it...I am keeping my fingers crossed. The girl said BCBS are which I no longer have. Anyhow, for those wondering I would suggest to others with any sleep problems who have not found relief from other meds. go to a sleep clinic. I did not need a referal from my insurance co. and just paid my regular co/pay. Xyrem is still avilable. Lets hope it will work for me. The Dr did say there is another med but not quite as good...

God Bless,
    SandraD

The DR though does not believe in CFS though, believes there is something else going on that other Dr.s don't want to bother finding out! Whatever.....at least he can help me sleep!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sure hope this new drug works for you. Let us know how you are doing on it when you get to take it.

If this helps you sleep, you will feel so very much better.

Wishing you lots of luck with it.

Shalom, Shirl