Yaaay!! My cat came home!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, May 15, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I just wanted to share with you all who know of the disapearance of my cat Jazz. He came home after this horrendous storm we just had! He was sopping wet and we figure that he must have gotten trapped somewhere and with the loss of weight and being wet he was finally able to free himself. I am so HAPPY!!! Thank you all for your concern and support!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2008]
  2. bct

bct Active Member

So glad your cat came back!! I know how distressed you were (heck, I was distressed!) and that everything has worked out.

3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

That is GOOD NEWS!! Poor little guy. He must be hungry!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the good news!

5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have been praying that this would happen. I had a strong feeling he would come back.

Want me to share my plans fpr how to build a very cheap outdoor "Catio" wher ones cat can go outdoors but be safe?

It occurs to me that he could have been in a storm drain.

My cats go out this week after "someone" left the gate open and the first place I looked was the storm drain. Also someone could have opened a garage door etc.

I am thrilled. Check for ticks.

Love Annie
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Wow! You must be so HAPPY!

I'm sorry I'm shouting but HURRRRAAAAAAAAAAY!

7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I know you must be so happy....congrats!
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh' this is such GOOD NEWS!,,,,,I'm so happy for you and Jazz!,,,,Hug him for me!,,,,,,,,Sis
  9. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I am so glad that I have friends like you who can share in my sadness and celebrate in my joy!

I can not stop looking at my Jazz and can't help but give him an occasional stroke down his back....even though he wishes I would leave him alone right now so he can get some much needed sleep! When he came inside, he was ravenously hungry as can be expected. So now he is sated and sleeping peacfully. I just can't stop looking at him.

Annie, I live way out in the country and storm drains don't exist here. I think he may have gotten trapped somewhere in my neighbor's farm equipment or something.

I know that a "catio" would be a very safe environment for my babies, but I just can't stand to see one who has had full freedom all their lives suddenly be confined to one area. I will have to consider that, though if/when I get another kitten.

Again, thank you all......I am walking on air right now!

10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is wonderful news. The prayers and well wishes worked. Poor baby, he is gonna need his mommy now. I am sure he is getting lots of loving.

11. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm so happy your baby finally came home! Words just cannot express my joy at this time!
  12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I am really happy Jazz found his way home, he will need loads of love and pampering and I'm sure you're glad to give him that. I'm glad you have your wee baby back.

Great news.

13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

That is such wonderful news. Many times you hear these stories of how animlas get trapped, even go a long wasys and somehow find their way back too. If course in your case he probably was not that far away but somehow got trapped and could't get free.

I can imagine how happy you are feeling now.

Thank God for his safety !! I am so happy for you.

14. poets

poets Member

I'm so glad your cat is back home. I have two cats who don't go out, and I can't imagine how I would feel if one of them got out and came up missing. Sending him a gentle hug from my kitty girls, Gertie and Colleen. :eek:)

15. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm glad you have your furr-baby back safe and sound!!

16. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I am so humbled by all of your responses and support. Words can't describe what this means to me. I thought that being an "island" was not so bad and that people really don't care that much any way......you all have proved my beliefs incorrect. My heart is so swollen with gratitude to you all!

My baby Jazz is awake now and checking everything out....making sure all is in order and that nothing is amiss. He is agian nursing on my Sheltie who is quite disgruntled by this. Can you imagine a full grown 2 year old cat suckling the neck of a dog??? LOL..
  17. jole

jole Member

Yes, miracles do happen....
  18. Springfling

Springfling New Member

Welcome home Jazz! So glad for you guys! I was hoping it would be an ending like my brother's. His came home after 1 month.

Prayers do work and when you have this many pet lovers praying you know we'll be heard!
  19. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I can't imagine how upset you must have been. So glad your "Jazzy" kitty is back!! (Love the name.) I bet you are giving him lots of big hugs and getting lots of sweet purrs back. I'm really happy for you. (Can you tell I'm a big cat lover?)

Warm hugs,