Yahoo I Got The Job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes and prayers. I just got the call that I'm hired. I start training on the 23rd and it will be full time for four weeks until training is over. Then, I'll work about 20 hrs. a week. I know those first four weeks will be tough but I think I can get through them. If I can, the rest will be a piece of cake. I'm so excited. Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Best of luck to you. They got themselves a good one.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you. I appreciate all your kind words and good wishes. It's so strange. I had designed the most ideal job for me in my mind, all things considered. This job is what I had designed in my mind. Only drawback is that it's not close to home but it's not that far either. It pays better than most of the jobs close to home so, at least, that will cover the gas.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So happy to know you're excited about this job and confident you have the ability to do it.

Congrats, Mikie. You are a real catch for any employer.

My best as you start...just be sure to take really good care of YOU while you are getting used to the routine.

5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Congrats!!! I knew you'd get the job!
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

Best wishes in your new endeavor!
  7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

congrats on the job, just don't forget about us here..

take it slow and easy and enjoy being in the world again...lacey
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to hear the good news. Hope it all works out.

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so happy for you......

Nancy B
  10. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I think that is wonderful. Just please pace yourself.
  11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so overwhelmed with all the sweet good wishes and kind words. Thank you all so very much. I really appreciate it.

I've been trying to get to this point for a long time. Several times, I thought I was ready, only to get sick again. I guess I'm just too stubborn and persistent to give up.

Yes, I do believe that everything I've been doing has helped to get me here and I hope they will keep me here and even help me heal further. I don't think it is any one thing I've done. Seems there is synergy in my treatments and at some point, they all just started working together.

I'm doing a combination of resting and doing some things around the condo to get it more organized. Having two weeks to get things done is a huge help. I've found that the more organized one is, the easier it is to just get through the daily living routine. My shrink once told me that chronically ill people have to be almost anal about being organized. Trouble is that if you're too sick to get organized in the first place, you're outta luck. I'm taking it really slowly and not overdoing things.

Thanks again, everyone.

Love, Mikie
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been looking for this message.......congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

You know Mikie, you would never have gotten this job in UK, there's so much ageism here though companies are not supposed to be ageist.

I know that if I ever recover and want to work, no-one will employ me here.

Anyway, thats unimportant here. What a way you've come Mikie, you're an inspiration, I hope it all goes well for you, that you enjoy the work and your health keeps improving.

14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I live in FL where wages are low and there are a lot of retired folks. Older people make up a very large part of the work force here. In the winter, the Snowbirds come down from up North and the stores hire them because of the increase in business. Many don't want a job but volunteer their time at the hospitals and other nonprofit organizations.

It's a shame that you have such discrimination in the UK. Employers here love to hire older people because we generally have a better work ethic. We work because we still want to or because we need the money, or both. Most of us don't need benefits, like insurance, and we usually only want to work part time. It works out well for everyone.

If you want to work, I hope you can find something. Thanks again for your good wishes.

Love, Mikie
  15. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Congratulations on your new job! Keep up the good work.

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate it. I'll let y'all know how it goes. After six and one half years, it's going to be a big change. Still, it's one I'm looking forward to.

Love, Mikie
  17. jole

jole Member

Just came over here for a minute and saw your post. Well, I have been soooo impressed with you for the past 4 years (or however long I've been on here), and just want to say congrats!!

You keep everyone's spirits up and give everyone hope that we still have a future. Best of wishes to you. And please, keep us posted on how it goes, Okay??

18. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You really are a inspiration to others who have been out of the workforce for a while. It is a transition but the benefits will be in many ways - even socially being around people every day. Take care
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate your kudos and kindness. I feel so blessed to have been able to get to this point. I post about how my treatments have helped because I want people to know that, despite some setbacks, it is possible to achieve healing. I don't know yet just how much healing is possible; I'm sure it is different for everyone. I do know that it requires a very wide and comprehensive approach and never giving up, even when nothing seems to be helping. If that helps give hope to others, I feel blessed to be able to do that. Thank you.

Love, Mikie
  20. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Looks like I missed some great news here---congratulations!!! I know you've been wanting to work for a long time. You'll do fantastic.

Sounds like a good job match for you too! As the others have said, enjoy and pace yourself, which I know you will. :)

Keep us posted!

Love, Erika