Y'all holler if you love Paula Deen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Jun 3, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I watch her on Food Network and she's the best! (I love Rachel Ray too, she is like a female version of my hubby).
    I would love to go to Savannah and eat at her restaurant.
    My parents have a second home near St Simons and Jeckyl island in Georgia. My hubby says when I feel I can make the trip he will take me up there, but I just don't think I could do it unless we got a van and put a bed in the back. I don't travel well. The pain of sitting in a small car seat and I get carsick, not to mention sooooo nervous on the road.
    Anyway, just wanted to give her a shout out!
    She is a breath of fresh air and inspires me to try new recipes!!!
    I am sooo happy that she married Michael and has a companion! You go girl!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/03/2006]
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

rich but wonderful
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

She's a great cook and Teacher! brings some grand ideas to the Table!! I really like it when her sons are on the show cooking with her ! they all get along so well!.....................sisland
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi SPR30,

I watch Paula Deen also and Rachel Ray. I only wish I had the energy to cook some of those recipes. I suppose I "might" could try some of the quick ones; not sure.

Talking about her restaurant, I haven't been there but my Mother just went a couple of weeks ago. She enjoyed it but Paula wasn't there.

I do hope and pray that you will get there. Maybe you'll even get to meet Paula, herself.

Take Care,

BlueSky555
  5. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Paula Deen makes food so good it'll make you slap your momma!!!!!

Rachela's stuff is all good and super quick! I usually make two batch and freeze one. YUUUMMM! It gives my husband a home cooked meal that he can fix on those really bad days.

jenni

6. JLH

JLH New Member

I, too, really love watching Paula Deen.

I have gone to the Food Network's website and gotten some of her recipes to fix. Everything that she makes is good!!

I also enjoy it when her two good-looking sons help her cook!!

7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I love her story. She is a REAL person from humble beginnings. It was great seeing her in the movie "Elizabethtown". I loved watching her special with her wedding.

Now, Rachel Ray, is something else. Sorry,all you fans, but she is a bit too hyper for me. I much prefer Giada, the lovely Italian chef. I enjoy the Barefoot Contessa, as well. I have a couple of her cookbooks and all her recipes are wonderful.

I can't cook as much as I used to so I enjoy watching the food shows.

Lola
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Paula and her family were on last nite ! hard to watch when your on a diet!!............................................she had her boys making do-nuts ,,,,,,,,,,,,Micheal making marinated pork roast on the grill.................................my favorite was the special corn on the cob!!...............................she painted (for lack of a better word) Mayo on the corn rolled it in parmeseson cheese , sprinkled it with chilli powered and seasalt..........................................................rolled them up in tin foil and put it on the grill!! also she had a souper baked bean recipie from some fans!.............................................................fun to watch!!