Yard Sale Find Made My Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Jun 16, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

I have been having a really rough week and this morning I decided to go check out a few yard sales since I have been so bored. I have collected Barbie dolls for over 10 years and I collect the higher end Barbie dolls. Well since I have been unable to work, I haven't been able to buy any dolls. This morning at one yard sale, there was a lady who had I know at least 100 dolls and she was selling the higher end dolls (that retail anywhere from $60 - $150 each) for $10 and she was selling the other dolls (retail from $30 - $60 each) for only $5 each!

Woo hoo!! I was so excited! I actually got to buy a couple dolls for myself and spent very little!
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

This is proof that it really is the little things that make life worth living!

There is nothing like a good bargain. Makes my day too.

Congratulations,

Linda
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yea! on the barbie doll find! I used to go to yard sales and still do sometimes!!..................................I really like finding antique kitchenware and Linens! It's so great when you find a really good price on something you collect!! (like say Barbie Dolls) My late MIL collected barbies and all sorts of other kinds of dolls!..................................but now she's passed away and her daughters get to cash in on the hall!!
    sounds like this has brightened your week!!............................sisland
  4. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I found a little cream pitchure that came out of post cereals.It says on the bottom...Post cereals measured creamer, but to read these words you have to look through the top of the creamer instead of turning it over and reading the bottom.It was 50 cents.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Well Srobins,

I went to a YARD SALE last Spring. Bought it, then couldn't figure out how to get it home!!

MRDAD
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Couldn't get the yard home, huh?

Contact this organization and they can tell you what to do.

It's called Stop Online Dizziness. For short: SOD!
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have a barbie that has a couple of wigs. She must be from around 1960. I also have the first Midge doll. I have some of the clothes, but no shoes. They just sit in a box in the closet. I got them when I was about 6 and now I'm 52!

I also have a 35 year old Mickey Mouse watch that has never been out of the box. I keep it in our safe deposit box and my DH took it out one day so I could show it to a gal at work that is into antiques and eBay stuff.

She wanted to know if it had ever had a battery in it! Cracked me up! It's a wind up and has never been wound!

sislan: I love antique kitchen stuff! I use an antique potato peeler and potato masher. I told my sister that and she said she would buy me new ones for Christmas. I said NO! I love these! Also have kitchen linens my Grandma made and the first table cloth my Mom ever emboidered.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Yea Counselor! There should be a LAW.

HAve a good weekend,
    MRDAD
  9. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I bought a Moorecroft vase at a yard sale for $2.50.

It was worth between $300.00 and $500.00.

Anyway, I took it home and opened a cupbord door and knocked the vase off the counter,it smashed to bits.

Did I loose $300.00 or $2.50?
    Love Denamay

Good deal on the Barbies,enjoy.
  10. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I can't get up early but I usually try to be at these sales by noon or 1. I look for paper ephemera -- like household pamphlets & the old menstruation pamphlets mothers gave to their daughters at "that age" published by Kotex or Modess.

I also love 19th century trade cards & early 20th century postcards & advertising brochures. Plus social or medical history material, like protest buttons, TB pamplets or radical politics.

Most everyone discards this stuff, but it's in my blood & I think it's great!

The possibility of finds is almost as fascinating as watching the mother wren feed & protect her babies in my front yard. By next week they'll be gone, & I'll feel a deep loss.

Good surprising finds to all!