Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Apr 16, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

IRS Rebate Check - how to spend it wisely

As you may have heard, each of us will be getting a tax rebate check to stimulate the economy. Unless you need it for healthcare, here is some sound logic as to what to do with it in order to stimulate the economy in a ricochet effect:

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China.

If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs.

If we purchase a computer it will go to India.

If we purchase fruits and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan.

If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan, and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at yard sales, since those are the only businesses still based in the USA ....

(yep, for the record, I know there are plenty of others like starving artists/artisans for one, lol... and locally owned restaurants and such; but sort of points all this out in a funnier more extreme way!?!)

[This Message was Edited on 04/16/2008]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Kool! Food for Thought!,,,,,,Thanks!,,,,Sis
  3. mezombie

mezombie Member

Someone just sent me this via email.

I was thinking of posting it, but thought I saw something here on the subject. Sure enough, this is it!

Keep them coming, Victoria!
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Dead center on target.

Houstan we have a problem! Is the USA still owned by American citizens??
  5. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

My rebate check went right on back to the good ole US of A
    treasury department for back taxes *LOL*.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

like $600 is going to 'jumpstart' our economy anyway... between my DH and I, we only got $600, so much for filing jointly - !

7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Victoria, you are too funny!

Mine is going to pay for my annual car inspection. And, I also need an oil change (sorry).

My rebate isn't nearly 600.00 (only half that).

Are the rebates making any difference in the economy so far????

8. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

our yearly summer vacation which will be held here in Northern WI. So, we are just recycling our money back in to some real good people who are running a business and could use the money. Plus, they treat us so well when we vacation at their resort I wish we had more money I would definitely see them more --- just beautiful country and so relaxing.
  9. mezombie

mezombie Member

for the luxury item called "food".
  10. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

My family gave each other food for Christmas last year! Food - A Gift. Who'd have ever thought it'd come to that?

11. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I put half a tank of gas in my car!

Actually, ours went into the bank. We file jointly and got back $1200.

I saw a comedian from India the other night (Last Comic Standing) who said that when other countries burn American flags (no, I'm not giving my approval to burn our flag!!)it helps our economy because American flags (I bet not all of them!) are made in the USA. So we can all spend our rebate checks on American made American flags!

[This Message was Edited on 07/08/2008]