Yea! Hit My 20-Pound Loss Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just an update on my diet. Today, I finally hit the 20-pound loss benchmark. I went out to run errands and wore a pair of shorts I haven't been able to fit into for a year. I was plateaued at 18 pounds, so I started a little more exercise and it must have done the trick.

I'm halfway to my targeted weight loss. However, I may go on to lose the extra 10 pounds I needed to lose before the Elavil and Flexeril put the 40 pounds on my bod.

The best part of this whole thing is still having brought my blood pressure down. I'll be glad when we get our new Diet Forum so we can support one another and exchange tips.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just an update on my diet. Today, I finally hit the 20-pound loss benchmark. I went out to run errands and wore a pair of shorts I haven't been able to fit into for a year. I was plateaued at 18 pounds, so I started a little more exercise and it must have done the trick.

I'm halfway to my targeted weight loss. However, I may go on to lose the extra 10 pounds I needed to lose before the Elavil and Flexeril put the 40 pounds on my bod.

The best part of this whole thing is still having brought my blood pressure down. I'll be glad when we get our new Diet Forum so we can support one another and exchange tips.

Love, Mikie
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and a little more than jealous!!! Keep up the good work, Mikie.....I bet you'll reach that goal and keep it off. You've made us all proud of you!
    Love,
    Kady
  4. SAS

SAS New Member

Congrats Mikie,

I reached 12 pounds this week on Weight Watchers. I feel better, have more energy. Keep up the great work!
    Shirley
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Glad to hear it!I guess your bound and determined!!Way to go girl!I need to shed a few myself.I just feel better about myself without the extra 10lbs~
    Best of luck to you~
    love,
    Tracey
  6. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Oh my .. how very wonderful! I am so proud of you! I wish for you continued success.
  7. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

Congrats Mikie!! That is quite an accomplishment. I hope to be joining the "weight loss wagon" soon.
    Duff
  8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

That's a great accomplishment. I think I've reached my 20lb goal also....just in the OPPOSITE direction of where I wanted to go! lol

You're doing Suzanne Somers aren't you? I need to get back on the program ASAP! Its great to hear of others' dieting successes....keep up the great work.

Annette
  9. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

but you haven't LOST that weight....i got it right here on my hips! and you can take it back whenever you wish!

seriously..CONGRATS!! i am on a diet, though i tend to cheat too much...and i wonder why io cant get rid of that blubber!
    hope you make it another 10 pounds...and let us know when you do!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

God bless!
    ip3
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Hearing this really does give me incentive to stick to the Suzanne Somers WOE (Way of eating). I have just started back on it after losing 60 lbs and slipping away from the program. It will take me awhile to show any loss again but I know it will come.

I bet it felt great getting into those shorts. I am so jealous! Not of your weight loss (3 cheers there!) but that you get to wear shorts! It is minus 5 degrees here and we have a little snow. Summer clothes are all packed away until May.

I'm looking forward to the Diet Forum too. (((HUGS)))Pepper
  11. teach6

teach6 New Member

Half way there. Doesn't that feel wonderful? When I was finally successful at losing my weight I used a Diabetic diet and my goal was to take off an average of 5 pounds per month. It was easily doable without feeling too deprived.

You are inspiring me to get back with it. I've put on a few pounds in the past year, probably due to meds. If I could lose 10-15 by Christmas I would be thrilled!

Barbara
  12. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Now send some of that enthusiasm and inspiration my way please! I desperately need to lose 20 lbs, and 10 of those by Thanksgiving. I was doing great with Atkins, and then hubby turns on tv and we're watching how they make and package Dreyers ice cream. Before you knew it, we'd loaded the dogs in the car, went to the store, picked up an apple pie, 1/2 gallon Moose Tracks Fudge ice cream, 1/2 gallon cinnamon ice cream and 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream. We ALL got our ice cream, even the dogs! Now I have to kick myself in the arse for doing this!

HELP!! God bless Dr. Atkins, he's a lifesaver!

Marilyn :)
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For your wonderful support and congratulations to my fellow dieters who are losing also. I hate to even say the word, diet, because I believe it is a misnomer. The word, diet, congers up thoughts of deprivation and I don't really feel depreived. I just feel like I am no longer willing to be a victim to a man, a boss, or my illness.

This is the therapy talking here, folks. I have finally decided to resuce myself from the life I have been living for the last two yers. Thank God for my therapist who is my champion. She is helping my spirit to heal along with my body.

Again, thank you all for your sweet support and kind wishes. I beliee there are windows of opportunity which come our way from time to time. The trick is to seize the opportunity when it comes around. If you don't, another window to opportunity will come around again, just be ready. Good luck to all my friends here. Never give up on yourself.

Love, Mikie
  14. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

That is great, I am truly happy for you.

I have lost 7 myself and it is inspiring to know it can be done, how in the heck do you exercise?????

I am happy for you & terribly jealous.

Way to go, keep us posted.

Jaci
  15. froggy

froggy New Member

that's the way to go! and what not diet are you on? I really need to do something I weigh more now then when I had my boy's and I know it's not good for me. Let me know please.

Peace & Love Jan
  16. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

She eats Atkins-style. Dr. Atkins. You should get his book and read it, it's wonderful! You can buy the book cheap on Ebay or Amazondotcom.

17. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I have to tell you that you are really inspiring me! When I feel the excitement in your post, it reminds me of how good I always felt eating Atkins-style and how GREAT I felt when I drops some pounds. It really isn't a diet at all, it's just a way of life that is healthy for us. Gosh, I can't wait for the Fat-board to open up. I think it's going to be GREAT!!

18. allhart

allhart New Member

thats so grate im so pround keep up the good work!
  19. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Have not had the chance to check in with the board for awhile. Dropped in this morning and saw your post for the first time! Good for you, Mikie, weight loss is tough ad a lot of hard work. Example, I can HARDly walk by any store that sells chocolate. Good for you!!Fondly, June
  20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, I use the Suzanne Somers diet plan, but now that Mom is gone, I don't use her recipes much anymore. It's just too much trouble. I like the Somers diet because I think it's a little easier than the Atkins, but they are similar. I've done both and my weight loss has been slightly slower with Somers, but I don't feel deprived.

I started physical therapy when I first got pain relief from the Morphine which allowed me to exercise. These are gently stretching and flexing exercises which maintain strength and flexibility. I decided to go back to lifting light weights to rev up my metabolism. Right now, I have having a little trouble walking, so I limit my walking to running errands and shopping. I need to take my bike down to the shop to get new tubes. I think I can ride.

Swimming has been my real salvation, but I am on a face-peel regimen and I am supposed to stay out of the sun for another week. I am also on Doxy which makes one more photosensitive. I had the spider veins on my thighs done and there are red marks which make my legs look as though I've been bitten by bugs or have a rash. Not a pretty sight. I need to keep pale in order to see whether the vein treatment worked.

I think we can all do something to keep moving. If we don't, our muscles will atrophy. My physical therapy stretches and flexes can be done when I'm in bed sick with fatigue. In fact, doing them lessens the pain. They are designed especially for that. I credit the Guai and my physical therapy for helping me get off the Morphine.

Again, being able to get into my old clothes is thrilling; I'm sick of my baggy shorts and tee shirts, but improving my health is what is really driving me. I'm closing in on 60 and do not want to be a burden to my kids.

And, June, it's so good to see you posting again.

Love, Mikie