YEA!! MY HEARING Results Came.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vette, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Vette

Vette New Member

My SSDI Hearing was September 22, yesterday my letter came. In BOLD Black lettering at the top it states;
    Your Decision is - FULLY FAVORABLE. My Husband and I have had 24 hours to absorb the news and it is stillll so surreal to us. It shows my disibility began in September of 2001, when I finally had to leave work, so it will be retro-active. This is a "bittersweet" win to me, I would choose good health if I could, but, after over six years of being ill, five years unable to work, another three yrs of SSDI paperwork, I will take second best.
    I do feel a little more independant now, although my Husband has been wonderful through all of this, I've always worked and we agreed on that when we married 25 years ago, I've been feeling like I wasn't "carrying my load" as many of you feel also, so, this is not just a financial award, it also gives some validation to my being unable to do what I once did and still want too even though I have family who are skeptical. I pray for all of you who have filed for SSDI to get the same letter....it won't make us / me well but has already made me feel more FREE !!!! Thanks to all who cheered me on!
    Peace & Love To All !!
    Vette
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  2. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

I'm always glad to hear someone has had a favorable ruling. So much stress waiting for that to happen. Good news!
  3. TKE

TKE New Member

CONGRATS :). Glad it's finally over for you. Now you can concentrate on life.

I'm just getting started. Got my first denial & am gonna call the lawyer this week. I know that feeling like you're not pulling you weight & not being able to do things. I feel the same way right now.

I have so much going on with my health right now I figured it'll be better to let a lawyer deal with the SSD stuff.
  4. treeseelee

treeseelee New Member

Hi,
    I have been recently diag. with fibromyalgia (also have mycoplasma) and I am on short term disab. at my co.. I have had debilitating migraines for 16 years I am now 52 years old. I also have chronic neck pain, lower back pain and was born with my right forearm missing. I also suffer with fatique. I just feel that I can no longer function on a daily basis in the 8-5 world, with my pain and fatique level, but it seems like no one understands..and I want to file for ss disability but I am afraid of rejection. Do you have any suggestions that might be helpful to me..do you think I should start out with a lawyer...and is fibromyalgia considered a ss disability or is it something associated with the syndrome that ss decides on? I apprciate any comments..Thanks..Treeseelee
  5. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Glad for you Vette,

I know it's been a very long time in coming yet finally you can relax on this at last.I can definately understand the doubts you had going thru your mind on not carrying your weight but honestly you've not be asking for a hand out just for a fair chance to have an income as work isn't an option. Enjoy yourself! Maineweezie
  6. Vette

Vette New Member

No, file for your SSDI on your own, I don't even think an Disibility Attorney will take you at this point. Most of us, not all, apply and get turned down then send in for a review & get turned down, then you get an Attorney. They don't charge you unless you get your award then they take it off the top, and, they have a cap on their charges to you, I'm thinking the max is just over $5,000 which mine will probably as I have been "oficially"(haha) disabled for five years which means back pay is comming. Go to the SS website for direction, and yes by all means get started there or go to their local office for application. Good Luck to you, it is a long and often disturbing process, gather some patience for yourself! I hope you have been seeing your Doctor regularly, it is important, and that he / she writes very descript notes and diagnoses in your chart also.
    Peace, Vette
  7. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

So happy for you...and hope that you get your money as soon as possible.

It angers me that the system designed to protect us from financial ruin if we are disabled and unable to work causes most of us to go through financial ruin.

Enjoy your award and may it bring you much happiness.

Ingrid
  8. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I remember posting and wishing you luck on your hearing...Yours was that Friday and mine was the next Monday...If you didn't see my post, I got my letter on Saturday~Fully Favorable too...

Bittersweet seems to be the appropriate description to how some of us feel...I pulled out the stack of papers, saw FULLY FAVORABLE on the top and threw it down, I grabbed my head and cried...No matter how you think you will react and how bad you want it to be over, the emotions connected to it you can't imagine til it happens...

I'm glad it's over for you too...What a relief...I have been so sick since I heard the 'good' news, I wonder if the emotions brought upon a Crohn's flare for me, nothing surprises me anymore...

Glad you now have some peace knowing you finally got what you deserved...Big Hugs to you~Alicia