YEA SSDI Approval

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jole, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jole

jole Member

Hi all! Just a big thank you to all for the encouragement and words of wisdom in the past. I was notified yesterday that I was awarded disability.

Funny....I thought I would be overjoyed, but in actuality the reality of it all hit pretty hard for some reason. I know I can't do much, am housebound, etc. but even though I am, it hurt to be seen as "disabled".

Took 4 months from start to finish. Docs got reports in fast, as did everyone else, even the state physical examiner. Plus the fact that I'm 60 had to play a part in it.

Bless you all, and good luck to those of you still trying...

Friends - Jole
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Good News! I Know it's a struggle with the Label of being disabled ,,,Remember all the Feelings your Describing!,,,,,,,This will make your life alittle easier on the financial front!,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,Sis
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

Yippeeeeeee! Altho I know it is bittersweet. I was that way to. It took me 9 months, was turned down the first time, then got it on the reconsideration after I saw a psych Dr that treated my mother. He had known me over a year but not as a patient but threw me sitting in with my mom, so he knew I was sick.

He wrote a letter and charged me $350 for our consultaion but it worked. He use to be on the state board for SSDI and is well known and highly respected, so if he said I needed it, then I did. He doesn't do it for everyone.

When I got the phone call I nearly broke the poor girls ear drum! Then had a good cry. I did feel better when I got that 9 month back pay check :)

I would give anything to be the person I use to be but now I try to be the best person I can and be happy with what I have, so many are so much worse off.

How is the arm? I am sure you are still greiving the loss of him. I just can't imagine having to do what you did. My heart goes out to you.

So, now you can breathe a little and enjoy the grandbabies with this legal stuff behind you. I am sure they gave you a reveiw schedule. I get reviewed every 3 years, already had one and it was a breeze. Just keep up on seeing the Drs on a regular schedule. That is what they look for.

Take care-Carla
  4. jole

jole Member

Thanks! My arm is healing okay - get the sutures out next Tuesday...hopefully. It's not pretty, but at least the tendon is still intact and I have total movement, so it could have been worse. The antibiotics are fairly well out of my system now and I feel better.

Yes, we do miss our dog. He had been our protector for 9 years, and now we have raccoons, skunks, etc. coming right up to our front door! We had noticed a lot of changes in him though the past year, and his arthritis from his previously broken and pinned leg was bothering him a lot also. Better me than the kids getting bit...

Our kids got us an Australian Shepard puppy (sooner than we would have liked) and she is adorable. She is soooo loving and gentle...yet loves to play with the grandkids. Is already housebroken, so will stay inside at night. AND she is getting all of her shots!!! Will never go through that again!!

Have only told 2 of our kids about the disability going through...they were estatic...I am still struggling, even though I can't do anything. My house is a mess, can't cook a decent meal, spend most of my time horizontal, etc. but the DESIRE is still there. Guess that's what hurts the most....

Love you all! Jole

5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

happy dance anyway you can do it...

6. sisland

sisland New Member

So Happy to Hear the news of you getting a pup! That will help! Keep your chin up Dear! Hopefully things will get better!,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,,Sis
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm so happy for you and that it came in relatively short
    order! I know it will help and that you will use the help
    wisely, You're from Kansas! Say hello to Ike, Bob Dole,
    Dorothy, Chester, Kitty and Matt! Matt is alive and well
    growing grapes and making wine on the California Coast.
    I knew you would be interested in that piece of info.!

Best wishes,