Yeah, I'm still alive...anybody miss me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. achy

achy New Member

Its so hard to type I had to take a rest from posting for a while. I've been wondering why I feel so blue and isolated, and it came to me.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!

Since I last posted,
    Been in terrible pain esp. my back, legs and hands. MRI's showed I have 2 disks pressing on my spinal cord..and it HURTS. Thank God for wonderful, caring & cute Pain Mgt. doc.

I'm also seeing neurologist who "suspects" M.S. But this doc is a Witch with a capitol "B". She carries her purse into the exam room?! She wouldn't acknowledge my spinal injury because "She has not seen it", even though she has all my MRI reports!! She demanded all new MRI's or wouldn't finish her "investigation". I've had ALL the tests imaginable and see her for her results on the 28th. I've also started neurontin again. Having an easier time with it this go-around,not quite as loopy feeling, but still not helping pain w/300mg.

That's my updated story. I will try to post more often, but please know I do read your posts and send prayers and angels your way even if I don't post!!

Warm fuzzies,
    Achy

2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

it is too bad that your dr will not accept your prior records. The cost of testing (any medical) is one of the reasons health insurance is so expensive. I used to be on the local hospitals board of directors and testing is where facilities make a lot of money. Too bad.

I hope you get everything staightened out and she will be able to help.

Kelly
  3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I have missed your posts. Glad to see you back.

The doctor carries her purse into the exam room??!!! That made me laugh. I wonder who she thinks is going to get it if she leaves it in her office??

Your friend,

Kinsie
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that you are in such pain and having doc problems. It is good that you are understood by the pain managemant doctor!!

Just dealing with the pain is bad enough...but when the doc is a problem.....that makes it all SO much worse.

I have had these battles...it is rough.

I....like you can't be here as much as I would like. I also have disc problems...so I truly can relate to that awful pain!!!

Let's just keep on truckin'....as was once the old saying.

Take care.....Mari
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Welcome back!!!! I surely have missed you. I'm really glad you are back.

I'm sorry ou are so sick. I'll pray for you. I hope you improve soon.

Meanwhile, don't be a stranger.

Big, big hug,
    Terry.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So many people come and go from this board that I didn't know I missed you until I read your post, saw your name. I'm so sorry for your pain and the new "dear, sweet" doc. Sheesh! More unnecessary expense.

Glad you're back and hope things get better soon. We need you and you need us. (-:

Sue
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

IN LIBRARY DESCRIBES MOST NEURO'S AS BEING THE WORSE DOCTORS IN THE WORLD FOR BEDSIDE MANNERS. DON'T LET THE TRUKEY GET YOU DOWN. KEEP ON GETTING BETTER. I KNOW, I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH PAIN AND COMPUTER TOO. GOOD LUCK ON 28TH KEEP US POSTED.
    aNNE
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Hey Ya!
    I know what you mean about feeling isolated. I'm limited in my typing because of major pain in my R arm, so I don't get to answer all the posts. But it's still a great place to be with all the great info.

Should you be seeing a different neurologist? The one you have doesn't sound like someone who is going to be doing much for you.

Sorry your having so many problems. Hope things get better for you soon!

K.
  9. achy

achy New Member

Thanks for missing me...(really didn't think anybody would)

To update the Neuro...I did all her tests and she sent me a LETTER to thank me!! ROFL ROFL She said she appreciated me completing all my tests and told me everything was normal (big surprise)except my Cervical MRI. Seems one of my bulging disks has now torn. She aslo said "no current signs of M.S."

She did ask me to keep my followup appt., which I will. She promised to get to the bottom of "this"...so, I want to know what "this" is. If it's not M.S. then what is it?? I bet she says Fibro..whatcha think??? lol lol

Thanks for caring and all your support. I have missed ya'll too. I'll try to post more often, hands and Neurontin permitting...

warm fuzzies
    achy
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Too funny.. Does your doctor believe in Fibro?? (or Santa??)
    Last one that told me that they would get to the bottom of "this" sent me to a new rhumie for a second opinion because he said CFS wasn't a diagnosis.. so I came back with a diagnosis CFS/Fibro and the rhumie sent him a letter saying basically.. Yes, Virginia.. there is Fibro.. and Cfs!!
    Jeez! Well I'm glad the MS was negative.. Hugs!!
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Good to hear from you....but so sorry that you are still in such pain.

I hope that you can get some answers soon.

Take care....Mari