Yeast and Activated Charcoal

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Does anyone know anything about the use of activated charcol to prevent die-off symptoms when getting rid of yeast?

I've found that it works very well, but I've been told that there may be side effects (including maybe the interference of absorption of prescription medications).

Comments???
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes, activated charcoal in large quantities can interfere with meds. But if you are careful with timing you should be OK.

Activated charcoal is also found in burned toast BTW.

Love Anne
  3. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

My Fibro Dr. recommends the Activated Charcoal to help absorb Endotoxins produced from killing off bacteria. I've never heard it used for yeast, but I suppose it would have the same benefit. It acts by binding/ digesting endotoxins which prevents recirculation & accumulation of same.

It's essential that you take the Activated Charcoal 2 hours before or after eating/ meds/ supplements. If you get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, that's a great time to take it! Otherwise, take it in the middle of a 4 hour time frame.

Hope it continues to help you!

Hugs,
    Annie
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Mmm, burned toast. The kind in the capsules is less than $10 for enough to last a long time. I think I'll stick with that.

The activated charcoal worked extremely well when I was using Nystatin at one point. Perhaps I will try it now. I don't know if I'm feeling bad because of dead yeast or for some other reason, but it seems worth a try.

Thanks for the info.