Yeast and Sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sfd647, Oct 21, 2006.

1. sfd647

sfd647 New Member

Can anyone tell me if there is an additional contribution in getting rid of yeast infections and sugar consumption? I am not a diabetic so many of the things that people would naturally contribute to diabetes, that isn't me. Doctors have a hard time with the neuropathy because it is NOT diabetes related. They have tested me and I do not have a sugar problem.

I was reading in one of the other posting replies that was in reference to yeast infections, that they had stopped certain medications and began to watch their diet better. They ate better and stopped eating sugar. That is why I am asking. I can't remember what was in the entire reply. Is there clinical proof and not merely an idea or assumption that sugar plays in any part to yeast infections lingering longer or in fact, causing problems in the digestive tract of the colon where certain "good bacteria" live that help protect against yeast infections. I know antibiotics destroy these "good" agents but what about sugar?

Sylvia

[This Message was Edited on 10/22/2006]
  2. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I do know that sugar and white flour causes too much yeast in your system. I use Aqua Flora to get rid of the Candida yeast problems. I have alot more energy when I use Aqua Flora. I'm sure there is something for Candida on this web site. It would probably be the same thing. While you are detoxing of yeast it may cause a vaginal yeast infection. If so just use Monistat.
    Hope this helps.
    Kayleen
  3. sfd647

sfd647 New Member

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, my degree of yeast infection is even too strong most of the time for Monistat. I have had the occasional yeast infections in the past where simply using Monistat did the job of getting rid of the infection. However, because of the continual use of the very potent antibiotics that can and can't be used other than in an IV has made fighting it off very difficult. That is why I was told that using Diflucan at a high strength such as 400 mg each day for at least 2 weeks, would work. A nurse has informed me that she had worked with many patients in physical therapy that was on strong antibiotic care and was having a very bad time with yeast infections. Their doctors put them on 400 mg a day for 2 weeks at a time. I was hoping for a simpler method but I guess my biggest problem is the antibiotic usage. I am interested tho in that Aqua product you suggested. The one thing I am guilty about is eating ice cream and/or pop tarts and cereal. I get to the point where I am not very hungry and I just grab whatever is easy. Many times I am in pain or not feeling very good and I just take the easy way out. Unfortunately, with all the nutritional background that I have, I am not doing my body and favors at all. I don't eat while bread, I eat wheat. I don't eat regular cereals but eat whole grain cereal. Anyway, a diet that is not balanced with protein is in big trouble.

Sylvia
  4. sfd647

sfd647 New Member

Lu

Thanks for your input. I had this feeling that I was on to something about the sugar situation. I will heed your warning. I so appreciate it.

Sylvia
  5. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Dr. Matsen from Vancouver Canada has written about this very thing....if you are interested in reading more his book "eating alive II" is very interesting. He's now put me on a 2 week detox diet....avoiding wheat and sugars......and then a 4 week 'yeast killer' I take after that. I have too much yeast in my small intestine and it is effecting a lot of different things. This Dr has helped people with CFS get thru their worst symptoms.....you might want to look into it. Good luck!
    ERika
  6. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Dr. Matsen from Vancouver Canada has written about this very thing....if you are interested in reading more his book "eating alive II" is very interesting. He's now put me on a 2 week detox diet....avoiding wheat and sugars......and then a 4 week 'yeast killer' I take after that. I have too much yeast in my small intestine and it is effecting a lot of different things. This Dr has helped people with CFS get thru their worst symptoms.....you might want to look into it. Good luck!
    ERika
  7. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

You can buy Aqua Flora online. It helps stop the craving for sugars. If you are taking alot of antibiotics get some
    Pro Biotics (acidophilus) to replenish the good bacteria. Yogurt and that new Activia are both good for you also.
    When you are on alot of anitbiotics your body gets out of balance and causes the yeast.
    Kayleen
  8. sfd647

sfd647 New Member

Thanks Erika and Kayleen

I appreciate the knowledge you have given me. This is going to be quite the delimma for me. I never had this problem before. I have taken antibiotics and would have a yeast infection following but it was just a minor thing and stayed in the usual place NOT spread on the outside like it has. Never had to worry about sugars and such.

I think what made the difference now is the amount of antibiotics I have been taking because of the serious infections that are trying to be kept under control. Never in my life have I had to take so much antibiotics. I NEVER had that serious of infections until 1998 when my first episode with cellulites occurred and I was admitted into the hospital. Even then for about 4 years, I was still okay for the amount I was taking. However, since 2004, something happened. It was then that the yeast started to invade other parts of my body on the outside. It was then that I was taking hard IV antibiotics and hard oral antibiotics when I went home in addition to the times I was also sent home having to have the hard antibiotic IV and given shots. So we are in a new era now.

Kayleen, I was taking yogurt AND I started using Actvia. I keep supplied in my refrigerator. Although I think I still need additional help. I don't know that I am able to discontinue ALL sugars. I don't eat white bread. Now I am told that wheat isn't good either? I thought I was safe with wheat bread. I don't eat alot of bread so that isn't the worst culprit. I just think there is too much activity going on in the digestive tract that needs to be so called "reconditioned" :) :) I will get those supplements and be sure to do Yogurt and the Activia. I am the one that got my grocery store to get the activia in and then I told them about DanActive as well. I have both of them. Activia is great tasting. I love Yogurt but I love Activia even more. :) The Aqua Flora I will check into as well along with that article/book from that doctor. Again,thanks everyone. You've been a great help.

Sylvia