Yeast free/Wheat free bread recipe anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anneW, Jan 16, 2003.

1. anneW

anneW New Member

I just started the anti-yeast diet and am having trouble finding bread in my small town. My sister is a baker and has offered to bake it for me if I can find a recipe. Can anybody help?
    Anne
  2. loonie

loonie New Member

Hi again, Anne;

Rice Bread

Ingredients:
    1 cup rice flour
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    2 tablespoons bacon fat or oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon sugar
    3/4 cup water

Sift dry ingredients. Add water and oil. Bake
    in a loaf pan in a moderate oven.

I found this from google.com, typing in: yeast + wheat+ free+ bread + recipe

This was one recipe, you can probably find more but will have to sift through a lot of descriptions to find more.

Happy Hunting, Loonie

PS- If you need help searching, I will try to answer any questions you have >^..^<
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And look for celiac cookbooks for bread. There are several good ones out there.

Love, Mikie
  4. jbg

jbg New Member

I found this at a recipe website. Hopefully it will help. I don't know if it is any good though.

Yeast-Free Bread
    Submitted by: Andrew Chin

Makes 1 -9x5 inch loaf

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
    Cook Time: 45 Minutes
    Ready in: 50 Minutes

Average Rating:
    1 Rating
    1 Review

" This is a variation of Beer Bread. It makes a fat-free, loaf shaped 'biscuit' that does not brown very well. Sliced thin, it makes a great toast for breakfast. "

Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
    3 tablespoons white sugar
    1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
    2 Combine the flour, sugar and carbonated beverage. Mix well and place into the prepared pan.
    3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Note: If using a sweetened carbonated beverage cut back on the sugar a little.

5. annab

annab Guest

This is mine and my husband's favorite.

Apple Walnut Loaf

1/2 C margarine
    1/3 to 1/2 C rice syrup
    2 eggs
    1 and 1/2 C barley flour (or flour mixture)
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    pinch of salt
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
    2/3 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
    Beat margarine and rice syrup until light and fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spice, stir into batter. Add apple and walnuts. Mix well. Pour batter into greased pan.
    Bake in preheated oven until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan 10 min. Remove from pan.

My husband told me his recipe for his flour mixture. It isn't near as crumbly as some. It works well in the above recipe. It also makes excellent pancakes.
    1 C corn starch
    1 C oat flour (grind up oatmeal in the blender)
    1 C rice flour
    1 C buckwheat
    (You can substitute spelt or barley flour for either the rice flour or the buckwheat).

[This Message was Edited on 01/17/2003]
  6. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I'll use whole wheat pita. It does require that I check that label to be sure it is 100% whole stone ground wheat with no sugar or leavenings. I also read that the Endometrisis Assoc. said sour dough breads made wih sourdough starter culture, not yeast, are acceptable on a candida diet.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/17/2003]
  7. opalsgemfire

opalsgemfire New Member

Check out the celiac.com web site. i have fibro and diabetes my daughter has diabetes and celiac. She can't have any (Gluten) wheat. they have a lot of interesting recipies.