Yeast Infection in my mouth!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wickett, Sep 12, 2005.

1. wickett

wickett New Member

For a year I have been treated for a yeast infection in my mouth. I have a hard time w/dry mouth, soon I get dry patches on the inside of my cheeks & tongue. It peels of, and is quite painful. Finally it goes away but comes back usually 5-6 weeks. I wondered if it was side effect from medication. I have read those and no indication that it is that. Help????
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I just got this yesterday and am on Mycelex troches. I also have it at the corners of my mouth. I get it because I am diabetic, on a diet too. My endocrinologist's nurse, who has MS, gets it also frequently. She said it was because my immune system was not too good.

I get this about 3 to 4 times a year.

I do not have dry mouth, I have the opposite of that.

I'm sorry you are suffering with this. You remember to change your toothbrush near the end of your treatment for this?

I'm sitting here and now starting to wonder if what you have is really yeast? I don't get any peeling. My symptoms are extreme pain that usually starts on the side of my tongue, goes to the roof of my mouth, and the tongue is coated white.

Sometimes this can be confused with an accidental burning of the mouth by hot coffee or foods. I usually wait until I see that my tongue is white coated to treat this as I burn my mouth quite often on hot foods.

I have used Nystatin liquid also for this and never had any side effects except diarrhea or loose stools.

When you said you had peeling do you think that could be from burning your mouth and then it peels when it is healing? That is why I thought of that. If it is thrush, I've never had peeling before, ever.

Hope you will feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

as I was getting yeast infections in my mouth.

Tried Nystatin from doctor first time and it worked but took awhile.

The Aloe Vera juice worked within a couple of days and seems to be keeping it at bay.

Also can be a sign of Candida, diet can help, no sugar but thats hard. You can find lots of info on Candida if you put it in 'search' or on google.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/13/2005]