YEPEEEEE FINALLY GOT MY SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smileyfacecookie, Dec 29, 2005.

1. smileyfacecookie

smileyfacecookie New Member

Yes..believe it...I finally got my disability..It was a wonderful Christmas present. I paid some bills and had a little fun..Thanks for standing with me and supporting me..
  2. achyinarkansas

achyinarkansas New Member

Congrats...I know what a battle it is to get it.
  3. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

I was denied, but have an attorney now. Hopeing for the best, and expecting the worst here.

How long did it take you to get it?

Happy for you! rrsbaby

4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi smiley, so glad to hear your great news! Any details you care to share with those of us awaiting hearings? thanks, and enjoy the lessening (somewhat) of the stress---HAPPY NEW YEAR!! L
  5. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

I am waiting on mine now too will be two years in March and we are really getting desperate here financially. The judge dismissed my case in July when my attorney sent my appeal in late so my attorney sends him a letter explaining how the attorney had a death in his family and that was in July. No replys from the judge or anything. I called SS and they have my case as dismissed. My attorney keeps saying he is working on it and it will be alright. I feel like I should just reapply and start over but from what I understand I would get penalized for that so hoping I will get some help in this soon.
    Congratulations on getting yours!!!
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

if you are like most of us it haelps a lot!!!Linda
  7. smileyfacecookie

it was worth it. I waited for 2 1/2 years. I appealed and waited for a hearing. Got very flusterated but always remember to hang in there and never NEVER give up. That is what they want you to do. I had my hearing on Nov. 8th and was approved by mail on the 21st by the judge. They docked me a year and 5 months but oh well. I did not want to appeal again. Recieved my check on Dec. 23rd. Win some loose some. Also the lawyer got his share of 25%. Hope this helps.
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm glad your long wait is over. Mine is just beginning but I am so happy for each and everyone that finally gets what they deserve. It's just such a shame that it takes so long.
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that you finally won!!!

What a way to start a new year!!!
  10. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

SMILEYFACECOOKIE!!!!!
    so happy for you of your ssdi,,great news!!! i also
    won this month of Dec. it took me only 7 months but was wondering ,,do you think i`ll get a backpay? if there`s
    no backpay how would a lawer get his share of 25%?
    ,,,gmom,,,
  11. smileyfacecookie

The court will decide what you get back and if you won without a lawyer the government will decide.They should pay you from when you signed up but they take 5 months up front for unknow reasons. As far as the lawyer goes..he does not get paid unless you win and he gets 25% of what you get or no more them $5400 of totol return if it is a lot. hope this helps..CONGRADULATIONS..: )
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I always love to read posts like this! Hope your 2006 will be a little easier now!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  14. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Way to go! :)

[This Message was Edited on 12/31/2005]