Yerbe Mate a lifesaver

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shayla1966, May 31, 2006.

1. shayla1966

shayla1966 New Member

Hi evedryone:

I have had CFIDS for approx 8 years. I've tried many things and found some relief over the years. Recently I've found something that I have to let people know about. Yerbe Mate tea is an absolute lifesaver for me.

PLEASE try this tea. I got it from Trader Joes, the brand name is GUAYAKI YERBE MATE.

I used 2-3 bags the first day & had crazy energy. I'm at one bag a day and it's enough energy to finally get through the day without a mental & or physical crash. I feel like I have my life back.

PLEASE TRY THIS TEA!!
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

I will look into this . I knew a lady from S. America who always drank it . This may help aomeone.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    does this tea come in decaff also?? just wondering i love tea! drink it everyday! thanks! sisland
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I, too, enjoy yerba mate tea. Have you tried the mint mate made by Guayaki? It is very tasty. I've also tried one blended with orange. very nice also.

Someone once told me that most of the yerba mate we can buy here in California is smoked. I've used yerba mate that is not smoked, and it does taste different. Both good, though.

And yes, it can be energizing. I like it iced, as well.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

in my cabinet here at home. I didn't realize until after I bought it that it does have caffeine in it. I am really sensitive to caffeine.

BUT, since I've developed chronic fatigue, I don't think it would hurt for me to have a cup of this in the am, and during those times I feel like I just can't get through another minute!!

Thanks for reminding me! :) PG
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

My Dad SWEARS by his Yerba Mate. I think it tastes like swamp water.

I stopped drinking coffee and switched to Green Tea. Mate lovers would probably say that Green Tea tastes like swamp!

Caffeine is chemically a methyl xanthine. I believe Yerba has xanthines but in a combination that is not identical to that of caffeine in coffee.

It's one of those foods - you either love it or hate it - no in-betweens! LOL!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Wow, thanks. There is a small organic Christian restaurant in out town that serves this tea and the small commune that runs the restaurant all seem full of energy. I will give it a try.

Love Anne C
  8. namow

namow New Member

This tea is a beverage that is very used in Argentina. I tried it once and I felt like I had a million cups of coffee, I didn't like it because it's very strong.

But if it gives me energy, I don't care about the taste that much!
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I drink this as well. Usually for a natural caffeine boost in the afternoon. I don't really get too much energy out of it though.

Happy to hear you benefit so much from yerba mate.

I still drink it because it has other health benefits as well, can't think of them off the top of my head at this moment.

10. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

This is from the Guayaki Yerba Mate website.

The leaves of the rainforest mate tree naturally contain 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, abundant antioxidants. In fact, The Pasteur Institute and the Paris Scientific society in 1964 concluded "it is difficult to find a plant in any area of the world equal to mate in nutritional value" and that yerba mate contains "practically all of the vitamins necessary to sustain life."

Love the Chai Spice.

Kass
  11. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So if it is from the mate tree then that is natural source of guai isn't it?

Anne C
  12. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

If you google Guayaki Yerbe Mate you can find the website, it has several herbs in it.
  13. shayla1966

shayla1966 New Member

tea by Guayaki. I'm still amazed at what a difference this stuff makes. Maybe I'm super-receptive to herbs, or I'm not as hard hit with CFIDS as others (just watched "I remember me"). But today I cycled hard for about an hour and know that I couldn't have done it without yerba mate'.

Yes, it has caffiene, but I don't feel wired like I would with coffee. And when I used to drink coffee & think I could excersise, I would get cramps in my legs and feet and I don't get that with this tea. All I get is mental & physical energy and I'm so glad.

Definately try it.
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I say that a lot here. It's amazing how much I've never heard of.

I will try it today. Thanks for the tip.
  15. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

2mos. Had to choke it down...lol Sorry it didn't do anything for me. So stopped drinking it..Wish it would have given me more energy, etc.

Happy for you it's working...Wish I could find something that would make my life better..Tried many things, w/no luck....

Blessings;
    fifth
  16. deblin

deblin New Member

hi- new to this website-

just saw your message.
    my mother is from Argentina and the family drinks alot- morning, afternoon and evening. Each fuse contains enormous health benefits as well

I love it to and drink it with the straw, (bombijo) just like they do in South America.
    when the family goes to argentina they get me the loose herb, which I think it is much more potent, because i tried the t.j's bags of mate. Can defintly see a difference.

-gives me amazing mental clarity, as well as helping w/ fatigue issues,
    the only problem is the anxiety i get from all the caffeine,so i have to watch out for anxiety attacks.

Im happy to see it helps you too

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2008]