yes, he is better

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilaclover30, Mar 8, 2008.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

He is doing much better now. he has learned to use his walker quite well and can get to and from the bathroom. His mood is better and I have founsd time to rest.

Yesterday and today8, maggie (my cat) and I laid down on the bed for 2 hrs. yesterday and today for an hour. i have our meals on a pretty good schedule too based on the TV tray dinners plus veggie ansd fruit.

i did go to church and choir last Sun. and plan to tomorrow (if I get up in time with the DST) Our church has one of their monthly dinners too and they do carry-outs. I'll get in line with someone to help me and get our dinners - baked steak and delicious gravy.

I missed choir rehearsal last week as hubby8 wanted to shower and I want to be right there. The next night I had written in my schedule a ciollege concert - I ran out of getting-ready time. Won't do somethiong like that again!!!!1

I still also go for "coffee" each morning and make his coffee when I get home with the mail. Works out OK. Next week he hopes to go too (if this stupid winter weather EVER goes away). I wonder how many times I have said that the past 2 months - this stupid weather!!!!!!!!

Thank all of you dear ones for all of your prayers and your thought of me. It meant so much to know that you thought of me. Thank you.

\Hope toi see ya on the porch!!

Joan
  2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

wonderful news...It sounds like for now things are going good. Enjoy it, you deserve it.

hugs and prayers to you both
    lacey
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

It's so good to hear from you!,,,I'm glad dh is doing better! Sounds like our prayers were answered!,,,,,May God Bless you!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I am so happy things are going better. It's good to see your post!! May God continue to bless you and hubby.

Love, doloresf1
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am so pleased that your husband is improving and that you are finally getting some rest that you need and deserve.

It was good to see you posting again on The Porch also.
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

It is so great to hear that things are going better for you. Wish I could send some of our sunshine your way! I hope the season changes for you soon. I hope you are feeling well, and I am glad to hear your husband is doing better.

How wonderful that you sing in the choir. Have you been doing that for long? Enjoy your time at church tomorrow. Glad to see you back, Kim :)
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi, not sure what's going on with your hubby, must have missed those post.
    Sounds like it's been stressful on you, glad it's now going better, i hope he continues to improve, and adjust.

Hugs,
    MSS
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

As I think you can tell, we have been all worried about you and are so glad that things are doing better for both you and your DH.

So glad also tht you have been finding some time for yourselfn even if it is little bits at a time. That is very important. How far away are you from the church? Hope it is close by !!

Hope to se you soon on the Porch. We have been missing you and glad you will be back soon.

More later on !

Hugs and blessings,

Granni
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have been in our choir for 63 years. That makes me one of the elderlys. That's OK/

Grannie, I live just one block from the church. Drive down our street about 5 houses, turn down an alley 1/2 block and there I am at the parking lot!!!c

Today we sang "Via Dola Rosa" a beautiful song made popular by8 Sandi Patty.

Thanks for all of your kind remarks and I love you all.

Joan
  10. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am so glad things are so much better. I have been thinking of you and your family.

I will continue to have you all on my prayer list.