Yes, head pain but anyone here have gum problems also?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I saw the head pain messsage and can I ever relate to that. My syndrome started with a headache (accompanied by vertigo) so bad that I was laid up in bed for 5 months over 2 years ago. Every 6 months I also get painful bumps on my head, very sore to touch but internally sharp, horrible pain. I do get scabby stuff at the point of these bumps and it takes about 5 weeks give or take to heal. Then it happens about 6 months later again. Just finishing an attack of that. Doctor isn't even interesting in hearing about it.

But as far as the gums, the whole right side of my head hurts more and I have abcess like stuff in cheek (dentist said no problem with teeth, go to doctor). I went to doctor - they both gave me antibiotics - and doctor said go to dentist. I try to explain but without insurance nothing can be done. I put small cotton pads in mouth overnight and usually have green stuff when I pull it out in morning.

Does anyone identify with this? I hope I explained it sufficiently to get the idea across. It's all extremely painful and distracting.

Pam
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I saw the head pain messsage and can I ever relate to that. My syndrome started with a headache (accompanied by vertigo) so bad that I was laid up in bed for 5 months over 2 years ago. Every 6 months I also get painful bumps on my head, very sore to touch but internally sharp, horrible pain. I do get scabby stuff at the point of these bumps and it takes about 5 weeks give or take to heal. Then it happens about 6 months later again. Just finishing an attack of that. Doctor isn't even interesting in hearing about it.

But as far as the gums, the whole right side of my head hurts more and I have abcess like stuff in cheek (dentist said no problem with teeth, go to doctor). I went to doctor - they both gave me antibiotics - and doctor said go to dentist. I try to explain but without insurance nothing can be done. I put small cotton pads in mouth overnight and usually have green stuff when I pull it out in morning.

Does anyone identify with this? I hope I explained it sufficiently to get the idea across. It's all extremely painful and distracting.

Pam
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Pam~~I am 53 and wear dentures, but over the past year I have started having bouts of deep pain on the right side of my gums and jaw. I don't know where it came from or what it is. No pus or anything. However, it doesn't sound as bad, serious or what you have.

I would suggest you find another doctor and show him that morning's greenish cotton balls, or go to an oral surgeon, show him the greenish cotton balls, and ask for an x-ray.

I work in a hospital, and it seems doctors only believe what they can see "evidence" of. With many health providers, if you describe symptoms they don't understand--instead of helping you to find out what it is--they just blow you off or "dump" you on another health provider because "it's not my area".

Before I had my teeth pulled and dentures put in, I was in a great deal of pain. I went to dentist after dentist and got no help. Finally, without a referral, I went to an oral surgeon. I begged him to help me. He did. He offered me several options rather than getting all my teeth pulled, but in the end--I would have eventually had to have them all out anyway. He allowed me to set up a payment plan since I didn't have insurance.

But, what you have sounds serious to me, and if it is some type of infection--it can poison your whole system and make you sick and feel bad all over. Find SOMEONE to help you. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Carol....