Yes I'm still Alive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. jakeg

    jakeg New Member

    I've been gone for a while now and thought I'd let you all know I'm still here. The down side is that mt health has gotten worse over the past months. Constant numbness in my arms and legs. The cyst in my throat is back and needs to be surgically removed and the abdominal problems are back again also. Most days I'm sofa bound after being helped there in the morning, and when I'm able to move about going outside is a definite no no. After 5 minutes of being outside moving and breathing is very difficult. The doctors have not a clue as to what is happening. Still sleeping half of the day away and trying to keep from going crazy from the lack of ability to move about unimpaired. Recently we had central installed which has helped substantially for breathing and keeping from overheating which also has become a problem for me. It can be 68 degrees in side and I'm sweating like I'm outside in 95 degree sunlit day. I have to stop now because the pain in my arms and fingers is starting to get really bad again.

  2. barbinindiana

    barbinindiana New Member

    I'm new here, so never read your other post. I may be able to help you with the breathing problem. Check out my post to fibrohuglife titled "Having breathing problems help". So many people with CFS have an undiagnoised orthostatic intolerance problem and heat/humidity makes it worse.
  3. libra55

    libra55 New Member

    Welcome back! I'm sorry you're having so many problems. But it's good to see you back.

    I couldn't do without my central air either. I have tried to run it as little as possible to save energy costs but it has been so beastly hot I end up turning it on.

    Hope you will feel better.

  4. onedaymagpie

    onedaymagpie New Member


    so glad to see you back. Please come and join us as you can and know we are here for you!
  5. suzetal

    suzetal New Member

    Glad you could send us a note on how your doing.

    was wondering what happend to you.

    Hope you start to feel better soon.

    For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come........Hugs Sue
  6. sisland

    sisland New Member

    welcome back! was wondering why haven't seen any posts from you latley! hopefully your DB went through! Hope you are feeling alot better soon!!! keep us posted
  7. lovethesun

    lovethesun New Member

    It's great tosee you on the board again.I'm sorry that you're having a tough time of it.Linda
  8. kholmes

    kholmes New Member

    Glad to hear you're still alive and posting!

    Your situation right now sounds miserable. I was pretty much where you are last summer, but with more CFS than Fibro symptoms. I, too, have the breathing problems you refer to. I still can't walk more than about forty feet, and I can only stand long enough to towel off after a shower or get food out of the refrigerator.

    My heart checked out okay, and my doctor thinks the breathing problems are caused by either neurological problems or orthostatic hypotension. Do you get shaky too, i.e. shaky hands?

    I hope that you can stay cool, be in less pain, and get through this soon.

    I am only a few years younger than you (just turned 40 in April) anhd was climbing mountains just two years ago. How can our bodies be so messed up?

    If you don't mind, I'll keep you in my prayers.

  9. tonakay

    tonakay New Member

    I've been watching daily for an update from you. I was afraid something bad was going on. Please update us when you can and take care of yourself!

  10. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

    what do you take for pain meds? It sounds like maybe you need to see a doc about something better for pain.
  11. jakeg

    jakeg New Member

    I take 40 mg of oxycontin a day and up to 4 5/500 vicodins a day. The vicodin is for break though only. It's not so much the fibro as it is all of the other things that are happening again with my health.

    I have a doc appointment thing morning @ 9:30 and hopefully she will have the results of my last tests in, and order a couple of more.

    I also have an MRI for CSpine tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning. My rheumy believes that there is something going on with the nerves in my spine besides whats happening with the fibro.

    Have to stop because of pain already. I'll let you all know what the doc says when I get back.

    Take care

  12. NyroFan

    NyroFan New Member


    I have the same problems, but not to the degree you have.
    I hope you start feeling better soon. A good doctor might help.

    I also have to C/A to 60 degrees to feel comfortable during the heatwave we have.

    My best best: get with a really good doctor.

    Bless you,

  13. alaska3355

    alaska3355 New Member

  14. kellyann

    kellyann New Member

    Sorry you feel so rotten though! The heat wave has been so horrid! I only have air conditioning in one room in my house, and in my car. So, I stay in the one room most of the day. And run the air full blast in the car when I run my kid to band camp every day, haha!

    Try proping up on plenty of pillows to breathe better. And get a COOL mist vaporizer. They are wonderful for helping clear out congestion. My oldest daughter has asthma, and I used to run one for her all the time when she was little. It helped more than anything else.

    I'll be praying for you to feel better Jake G!
  15. tonakay

    tonakay New Member

    Be waiting to hear what you find out tomorrow.

    Lotsa hugz,
  16. jakeg

    jakeg New Member

    When I got home from the docs yesterday I was so exhausted the I fell alseep and didn't wake up until my wife came home at 6:00 PM and then I went right to bed and slept until this morning and went for my MRI.

    Well my doc from yesterday said they didn't receive my test results yet and that they would call when they came in. It's been over 2 weeks already so I'm a little concerned about that.

    Now it will take another 2 weeks until I hear from my Rheumy about the MRI results.

    When I was in the MRI machine my arms went numb alomost instantly. By the time the tech was done with the tests I couldn't stand up and walk. She took me out in the waiting by wheel chair and told me to stay their until I felt good enough to move on my own and call one of the other techs at that time so that they could see that I was all right before leaving.

    Well my arms are screaming at me all ready so have to stop.

    Take Care

  17. kholmes

    kholmes New Member

    That must be frustrating to have wait so long for test results and now for your MRI results. I hope you have a good doctor, and that things get better very soon.
    I hope that your meds are reducing the pain and that you're able to rest.

    Do you have OLN? The Tour de France has been a good distraction, lately.

  18. jole

    jole Member

    I am sooo ashamed! I should never, ever complain after reading how bad things are for you and some of the others!

    I will pray that you get the answers you need to make your life more bearable.

    Friends - Jole
  19. tonakay

    tonakay New Member

    It's so sad that it's always hurry up and WAIT for every test that is taken. Let us know when you hear any results, we're you're other family and we're pulling for you too Jake. Take good care of yourself.

  20. jakeg

    jakeg New Member

    Well I got the results of my MRI today. The doc said something about the size of the holes the nerves go though look like their to small for the nerve bundle. He also said that it looked liked some of them weren't normal and stated asking about neck and back problems from when I was younger.(Neck/back problems since i can remember)

    Now it's back to the neuro doc for a further look to see if anything can be done to stop the numbness in my arms and hands.

    I go to see my PC tomorrow for the results of the other tests finally, and to decide what other tests are going to be run based on what she says tomorrow.

    Well have to stop already I'll let know what happens after my visit with my PC

[ advertisement ]