Yes Yes I got my disability today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loopyloo, May 3, 2003.

1. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I recieved a leter today saying i am entitle to disability living allowance, this is the second time i have applied the first time i was refused, and yes this is only the lowest rate gbp15.50 a week which does not cover what i lost from my reduced hours at work but the best thing is the acknowledgement that it is a disabling desease( how can i spell acknowledgement and cant spell disease)and it is being taken serious in the UK, i think your right gardengrower the name suits me

kind regards Loopyloo xx

kind re
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Many people applying for DLA get turned down on their first application regardless of diagnosis.

So to have it allowed on your second application would seem to confirm that the DLA Board have now got a better understanding of this DD.

What a relief if must be knowing you don't have to go through applying or appealing again.

Cheers

Tansy
  4. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

You couldn't have had a better birthday present. I'm very glad for you. Enjoy your day!!

Take care......Kathi
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

GOod for you!!! May I ask how long did you have to wait. I just was denied on Friday and now I have to go through an appeal process. Also, did you hire a lawyer?

Lin
  6. andreae

andreae New Member

On getting disability, sorry you have to be on it. :(
  7. achy

achy New Member

It gives the rest of us hope....

Relax and do for you today!!

Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  8. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I just have to say CONGRDULATIONS!!!!!!! I know how hard it is and what a long trail it is and the anxiety! Even if you had been lucky on your 1st try it is still a very hard trip, your 2nd is very hard enough in itself so you go girl. Enjoy the moment, I am so proud of you and Happy FOR you!!!!!!!

You have my Biggest Warmest HUGS for the day .........Pam2
  9. M68e66

M68e66 New Member

Congradulations, I was approved for SSDI on March 28, which just so happens to be my spiritual birthday. It feels so great to have your illness acknowledged. I'm only 34 and it is kind of depressing being disabled, but, we are going to feel this way any way, and it feels much better to be able to relax and have on major stress factor relieved from your mind. I feel at such peace since I got mine, I'm thankful you can feel that, too. However, I had to get a lawyer and go to the third round and go to court. Congrats on getting it so fast, way to go!!!! Bless You, Michelle
  10. chknmama

chknmama New Member

Congrats on the great news!!!!!!I got my approval yesterday also!!This was my second try also.I'm so happy for you.This is OUR DAY to celebrate,wellll,as much as we can.LOL
  11. Samies02

Samies02 New Member

I am happy that you have received yours. It is encouragement to read messeges like yours. I have a appealed my 2nd turn down and have been waiting on a court date since september of 2002. I am using that attorney that my doctor suggested. I am just wondering how long did you have to wait until your court date after your 2nd turn down? Thanks I'm Sami from Georgia.
  12. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I applyed for disability living allowance in the UK you fill in avery large form more like a book then send it off to them, you get a letter back saying they are dealing with your claim. i waited had a medical from one of there doctors at my home he asked me lots of questions then you wait again, then i was told just before xmas that i was not entitled to it.But you could appeal if you thought the decision was wrong, i put the letter away to sort out xmas and presents ect and could not find were i had put the letter brain fog , any way i found the letter about six weeks later so i rang then and they said you had to appeal before four weeks i told them i lost the letter and had only just found it,so the lady on the phone said shell send me another form (or should i say book) out. so i started it all again. buy this time it is the middle of february i had recieved a letter saying that i am not entitled to DLA (disability living allowance).
    So i rang and spoke to a very stroppy girl i explained that i had sent a second form in she said yes this letter is to do with that claim, i said it was to do with the first one as the other one was only sent about 5 days ago any way i was on the phone for ages argueing about it, i was drained by the time i had finshed, a few days later i got the letter saying we are dealing with your claim so she was wrong miss stroppy,i had another medical but by this time i was on 100mg instead of 40mg of my tablet and i had gotten much worse but eventually i got a letter and a back dated check for the low rate we dont have to go to court or get a lawyer in the UK and yes its not much but at least it is recognised as a disability so there is hope for every one sorry this is so long but i got there in the end.

(((((big disabled hugs)))))
    from Loopyloo xx
  13. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I am so glad you got your disability to well done may be you can tell all our friends in the USA how you got yours as i think its a diffrent system than the UK.
    go mama go mama go mama go mama

((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))
    love from Loopyloo
    xxx
  14. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

But what does gbp15.50 a week mean? dolsgirl
  15. pedals

pedals New Member

I'm so HAPPY for you !!!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine on the first try, was very lucky and have a great Doctor... No one should ever have to fight to get ssi. When your in pain, you don't need any more turn downs just adds to the pain.. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! bless you
  16. pedals

pedals New Member

I'm so HAPPY for you !!!!!!!!!!!!! I got mine on the first try, was very lucky and have a great Doctor... No one should ever have to fight to get ssi. When your in pain, you don't need any more turn downs just adds to the pain.. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! bless you
  17. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

£15.50 a week means not a lot but better than a kick up the ass i suppose it just means to me that they are starting to take ME/CFS as a disabling disease, even tho it does not make up the reduced amount in my wages because of less hours, sorry im a business travel consultant and gbp15.50 means great british pounds i thought the american people would understand sorry if i confused anyone

lots of love Loopyloo xxx
    [This Message was Edited on 05/07/2003]