Yet another interview tomorrow-please pray or send good vibes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, Apr 10, 2007.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Hi all,

I have yet another interview for a promotion at the agency that I work for. This will be my 4th attempt, in a year, for a promotion. Not only is this position more money, but I think it would better suit my personality and condition. I would have a private office, but no staff. I would only have to see people that I am scheduled to see (no walk-ins off of the street), and as long as I would see so many people per week, I could basically make my own schedule. The biggest advantage is no caseload! Once I would make an order (as a Hearing Officer), if the Obligor doesn't comply, it wouldn't be my headache!

Please pray or send your good vibes my way. I truly need them. I'm not one of the mindless drones on my job, who get easily promoted. However, the powers that be keep granting me interviews. I'm hoping and praying that I will be blessed with a position that better suits me (some more money won't hurt either).

I've been on the job for 7 years and they promoted someone as a Supervisor who had only been there for 3 years. I can understand how God wouldn't want me to endure the stress of being a Supervisor, with a staff of about 15 people under me. But I can see so many advantages to being a Hearing Officer, especially considering it's more fibro-friendly.

[This Message was Edited on 04/10/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

I will keep my fingers (and toes crossed) for you! and also a guarenteed Prayer going up! sounds like you really need this promotion for health and stress reasons!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Goodluck to you!,,,,,,,S
  3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

This time, hair didn't act up, didn't get water splashed on my outift, and didn't get a run in my pantyhose. Also, when it was over, I sent a thank you email to the interviewers.

With all of the drama going on in my life, I could really use a blessing of either no longer having to work for a living, or having a much less stressful job. It's hard having to be responsible for thousands of cases, and listening to hundreds of people, per month, vent about their child support (either not getting it or having to pay it or not owing as much or being owed more, etc.)

If I get the promotion, I'd just make the orders and when people don't comply, it'll be someone else's problem. I'd have my own typist to type my orders up. Of course, any job would have some form of aggravation or mild unpleasantry, but now, I need a more fibro-friendly position. I'd still have to use my stiff limbs to walk out and call people for their hearings. But at least I'd know who I'm expecting. I wouldn't have to worry about being in the middle of a Calculation or typing up a packet, only to get a call that some client who hasn't gotten support for 10 years is here and demanding to speak with his/her worker.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Sounds like your interview went well! Yea! I really hope you get the promotion! it will make your life easier!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,And you won't have to worry about the small stuff having to do with your job!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Let us know!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,S
  5. SweetT

SweetT New Member

The only thing distracting me from total and complete rage is my schoolwork. I'm accepting it a little better now.

I'm going to concentrate on destressing and getting myself together physically. No promotion will equal alot of time off to get myself together. I was willing to exert myself even more for a promotion, but now that I'm not worth that to the organization, even though my qualifications exceed the minimum qualifications, when I only feel like the bare minimum, that's all that they get. And I won't feel bad about taking time off.
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

That's why I'm mad.

There's nothing like being a darned-good worker who paid her dues for 7 1/2 years with a Bachelor's Degree and working on a Master's Degree (all while dealing with fibro and cfids and working better than those with no health issues), and getting turned down and seeing someone 10 years younger with naturally much less work experience get the position.

I know that it means that God has something better in store for me, etc., but human nature just gets in the way and makes me so darned mad that I'm only good to be a grunt in their organization.

If you have sky-high piles of files to be worked 10 times before the court accepts them, Tonia's the one. If you have irrate clients that don't understand the laws and perhaps even have broken English, Tonia's the one. But when it comes time to promote someone, they never freaking knew me!!!

Thanks for your prayers.
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

everything happens for a reason....there must be something better out there for you.