yet another newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, Jan 2, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Hi everyone. Have been reading the message board over the last few weeks since it was first suggested I might have FMS. Dr now says I have and from reading message board I agree. I live in Australia, am married, 2 adult sons, 5 grandchildren and worked until nearly 3 years ago. Am 65 next month and had planned to work until this year but things did not work out that way. Could not understand what was happening to me with the fatigue, aches and pains etc. It just wasn't me. It all makes sense now.I was always so busy with work, community activities, crafts, gardening etc and found it hard to understand why I couldn't do things. To read the message board has been great therapy. Will keep in touch and thanks for the opportunity to come on board.Ozgran.
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Glad to have you aboard. I've only been on this board for 3 months. The amount of info and support I get here would take years from the docs. I think you will really enjoy posting and exchanging information with everyone.

My aunt and uncle moved to Australia when I was 12; I am now 40. I always wanted to visit, but now that I've lost touch with them it is no longer an option. I bet it's great. I live In Georgia now, but I am originally for Connecticut.

Hope you have a great new year. Lisa
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ozgran, glad you decided to join us. But am sorry to hear you have Fibromyalgia. I have had Fibro for twenty years, so for me I have learned to live my life around this illness with a quality of life I didn't think possible before I quit fighting it!

I have three grown children, and two grandchildren. Wish I had more energy for the grandchildren.

Nice to know the board has been a help to you, and its so nice to have people from all around the world here too!

I do hope you let us know what is working for you, and that you post as often as you can, we will love to hear from you.

I used to order my Noni juice from a very nice lady in Australia, we chatted on the phone quit a bit too! Yes, it was expensive, but worth it to speak to her and swap stories about our countries.

I am from America, and live in Louisiana.

Again, welcome to the board, and do have a great happy healthy New Year!

Shalom, Shirl

4. jolly

jolly New Member

Welcome to the board! We've had a few people from "down under" on here. I'll try to imagine your lovely accent when I read your posts! I'm 53, 3 kids of mine, 3 kids of my husbands, and 10 grandchildren altogether. Jo Ellen
  5. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

HI,
    I am a granny too. Went to travel school it took a week of 8hr days to get thetest done. I missed two. Got a job right away with Uniglobe Corp. was a travelconsulltant(which allowed me to take groups all overthe world. Loved my job.

I got to feeling so bad, I haad to quit. I didn't have the stamina. My husband still says,"When you get well enough to work " This may be a life time fight. He is starting to understand a little more.The isolaation gets me!So many times when he wants me to go somewhere I just ddon't feel like it Just spent three months down with a flare.I alsohave it in my ribs and back ans feet,pretty much all over

I am not trying to depress you, but letting you see how varied the symtoms can be.Hope to help 1maqt
  6. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

HI,
    I am a granny too. Went to travel school it took a week of 8hr days to get thetest done. I missed two. Got a job right away with Uniglobe Corp. was a travelconsulltant(which allowed me to take groups all overthe world. Loved my job.

I got to feeling so bad, I haad to quit. I didn't have the stamina. My husband still says,"When you get well enough to work " This may be a life time fight. He is starting to understand a little more.The isolaation gets me!So many times when he wants me to go somewhere I just ddon't feel like it Just spent three months down with a flare.I alsohave it in my ribs and back ans feet,pretty much all over

I am not trying to depress you, but letting you see how varied the symtoms can be.Hope to help 1maqt

[ advertisement ]