yet another thing to avoid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Jul 18, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Well, I know that it is not exactly healthy, but I figured that it would be better than the empty calories and sugar in fruit juices, better than the high fructose corn syrup in Gatorade, better than the alcohol in alcohol, better than the caffeine in coffee, and better than the artificial sweeteners or sugar in pop...and I am ALWAYS thirsty and get really tired of plain water or tea, so I thought that maybe once in awhile I could make unsweetened Kool Aide and add Stevia to it.....guess I was wrong, bc very quickly after drinking it I started to feel really sleepy, light headed, dizzy, and brain foggy....kinda how alcohol makes me feel, only even worse.....tried it a couple of other times just to make sure that the reaction wasn't something else, and I am now pretty positive that it is the Kool Aide....not only a bad reaction, but also a pretty quick one

Since I have MCS and a lot of allergies, I am guessing that this is yet another thing that I am now sensitive/allergic to but I am not sure why. I know there are obviously artificial flavors and color in it, but colors at least have not given me problems in the past.... anyone else have this kind of reaction to Kool Aid, or am I the only weirdo actually drinking the stuff?
  2. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I think I stopped drinking it for some of that reason. But everything I eat or drink these days makes me sick. I'm having a real hard time finding anything I can actually eat. Everyday, I look around in here and I'm like, what can I eat that won't make me sick. More than half the time, I have to resort to plain white rice and babyfood fruits and veggies. Seriously, it's like eat like a Buddhist monk at this point or I get sicker. And I mostly only drink water now. Sometimes fruit juice, but I have to be careful with that, too.