Yipee I finally did it. I talked to my boss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Okay on friday I finally talked to my boss about the frustrations I am having in trying to cover everyones slack. We are now down 3 people and I am already covering at least 3 peoples job and now I have more on my plate.

I found out last week that they were paying more to the gal who just started then myself who has worked here for 7 years. She makes 1.44 an hour more. That does not sound right when I do 5 times as much work as she does.

I told my boss that I do not want to quit, but I have had enough. I am seeing a pycologist right now do to depression and he said that need to stick up for myself and stop letting them make be prisioner in this position just because of my medical benefits and other benefits as well. No he does not pay for my bills but he is right.

I cried many times in my bosses office letting her know I do not feel vaulued or feel that they think I am worthy of a raise. I do miss time because of my sickness. I make up for it though 10 fold when I am here. I work even days I am off sick, when I should be only worring about myself. I told her that I have proved time and time again that I deserve this raise and I am giving her until Wednesday of this week to let me know one way or another. If I am not given a raise I told her I will be turning in my two weeks notice.

I felt so scared doing that, but now I feel so good that I finally let it out. She agreed that I am a very important part in this company and she does nto want to lose me. She also said she does value me, but does not show it,and apologized. She said that she will talk to her boss about what they can offer me.

Have a great Monday everyone and keep me in your prayers for the next two days while they make a very important disicion.

I really don't want to leave, but I am ready to do so if it comes to that.
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

If you phrased things to your boss the way you did here, you were eloquent and made yourself very clear---and made an excellent case for getting a pay increase.

I wish you the very best---you have to keep us posted on what they offer you. I will definitely say a prayer for you!!!

Good job, Christina!!

((((Hugs))))
    Pam
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you let it out! i have been like you before a few times in my lifetime...not neccessarily not getting what my co-worker was getting paid...

but when a dentist promises you a raiser after 3 months then s6 etc...an it doesn't happen...

you get mad...i finally worked of the courage...i deal w/anxiety as well..i got my raise...

now i am on ssdi

jodie