YIPES POLLIWOG HERE!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by polliwog, Nov 15, 2002.

1. polliwog

polliwog New Member

Well, the weather has turned to snow here today---and I have enjoyed the beauty of it all. I even ventured out for a small comute to the store. But this afternoon the pain hit me like a mac truck! So, I curled up and took a nap, and feel a little better now.
    I am so glad I got us some flannel sheets the other day. I am sleeping much more comforted these nights in them. I suspect that I must have been a baby who liked to be swaddled, because to this day, my "blankie" comforts me. The softer the better!

You know, after years of this madding disease, I've learned a few tricks of comforting myself that seem to work. The newsletter was mentioning that routines are helpful. Well, I'm not a person that handles structure too well, but I do have my own little routines that comfort me.

A heavy pottery cup for my hot coffee in the AM---feels good to my hands if I wrap them around the cup, a peek at the birds out by the feeder in the mornings while I have my coffee is nice, etc. I no longer apoligise for tasks undone, and guard my time and my energies jealously! It is OK to be a little self centered and it helps you to conserve engergy.

I no longer mourn what I can't do anymore, and am just thankful for good days, and I feel very good about even small accomplishments. Hope there is something in here for someone else. Love Polli
  2. polliwog

polliwog New Member

Well, the weather has turned to snow here today---and I have enjoyed the beauty of it all. I even ventured out for a small comute to the store. But this afternoon the pain hit me like a mac truck! So, I curled up and took a nap, and feel a little better now.
    I am so glad I got us some flannel sheets the other day. I am sleeping much more comforted these nights in them. I suspect that I must have been a baby who liked to be swaddled, because to this day, my "blankie" comforts me. The softer the better!

You know, after years of this madding disease, I've learned a few tricks of comforting myself that seem to work. The newsletter was mentioning that routines are helpful. Well, I'm not a person that handles structure too well, but I do have my own little routines that comfort me.

A heavy pottery cup for my hot coffee in the AM---feels good to my hands if I wrap them around the cup, a peek at the birds out by the feeder in the mornings while I have my coffee is nice, etc. I no longer apoligise for tasks undone, and guard my time and my energies jealously! It is OK to be a little self centered and it helps you to conserve engergy.

I no longer mourn what I can't do anymore, and am just thankful for good days, and I feel very good about even small accomplishments. Hope there is something in here for someone else. Love Polli
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

take care and be true to yourself.....I, too, make no apologies any longer.
    Love,
    Kady
  4. sheri

sheri New Member

Now I have the nerve to tell what I do for "comfort"...I've tken to filling hot water bottle and hugging it. I also have a special comforter I like, so I have my blanky and my "bottle", and if thats not babying myself, I don't know what is:)...by the way, frogs lay eggs in our pond in our yard and last year I managed to grow them to froglets...I never had time for that kind of intrests before-facinating watching the cell division and developement of tads to froglets. I also raise from babies the fish we put in the pond- They are little gold fish when I buy them, but grow to be about 10 inches long in the pond.
    Blessings, sheri