Yippeeee I've been approved for SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Nov 29, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I got my letter today and I cried. I am so excited. Now I guess I have more waiting for a check.

I want to thank everyone on here for the wealth of information I have read and ideas I've used. This board is great!!!

bozey
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

How long did you have to wait? Did you have help?

3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

if you had heard, and right on top is your post! I'm so glad you've been approved. Breathe a sigh of relief.

(-:

Sue
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

I applied in Mar of this year. I had my ALJ hearing in Aug. And last week, I sent the Judge a dire need letter and got the approval today. I did it all by myself. I did not have an attorney. The ALJ ask me if I knew that I could have an attorney and I said yes. He ask me why I didn't get one and did I want to postpone the hearing so I could get one and I told him, No. I know me better than anyone else.

Thanks fivesue, that is really sweet of you to check on me. I'm so glad I had good news for ya!! hee hee

If I can help anyone else, let me know. Tho', I don't know how much help I'd be.

bozey
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2005]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  6. darude

darude New Member

I got approved to without a lawyer on first appeal. Took two years but being backdated 20 months can't wait for cheque.
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

So Happy for you.Sensory overload,so can't write much.Linda
  8. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Thats two people today. Maybe the system is begining to believe that thid DD is real! So happy for you! Joy
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so happy for you!!
    I know how relieved that you must be!

MamaR
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i bet our relieved...

at least i have my money i just don't have the letter....right now i'll take th money...

congratualtions!

jodie
  11. bozey

bozey New Member

for the congrats. I am very relieved. But will be more relieved when I get the money. Bills stress me out more than anything else. I can't wait to catch up.

I am very happy for the approval but sad at the fact that I am considered disabled. I never thought I would say that at a mere 52 years old that I am disabled.

My whole letter was 3 pages of official stuff telling me about appeals and such and then the next 3 pages listed all the stuff about me and my limitations. It made me sorta sad that I am apparently in worse shape than I thought. It referred alot to all the tests I've had done.

Anyhoo, I'll get over being sad very quick and start working on getting me fixed.

I celebrated tonight but not about the approval. I made supper for my son for his birthday and made a jello cake that he loves so much.

It was a good evening but even better now that all are gone and the house is quiet.

Thanks again guys.

bozey
  12. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

Congratulations!
  13. JLH

JLH New Member

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your SSDI!!!

This is news that we like to hear about!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  14. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

Im very happy for you..=) HUGS ONNA