Yoga anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Sep 16, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi!

I was just wondering if anybody has taken yoga and if so does it really improve energy??

Thanks!!
  2. sherrydenice

sherrydenice New Member

I just started Yoga on 8/26/05 and YES... it improves energy!

I love it!

Go for it!

Sherry
  3. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I do yoga at home, I took classes years ago, but find that the videos are better for my fluctuations in ability. They usually have modifications demonstrated, for the days I can't keep up. Some days I don't even turn the video on, I just let my body be my guide as far as what it needs. Doing yoga makes me feel more vital, more energetic and improves my balance. There are many forms of yoga, so you may want to research the types of yoga to find what's most appropriate for you before signing on to a class.

Yoga has poses that help with symptomatic problems, as well- i.e: those of you with the chronic sore throat associated with CFS may want to try the "lion pose": Kneeling, sitting on you feet if you can, sitting on a chair if you can't place your hands on the floor at your knees or at the front outside edge of your chair. Arch your back forward, tilting your head back as far as comfortably possible. Once your body has made its adjustments to make it possible for you to maintain this position, open your mouth as wide as possible and stick your tongue out as far as you can toward your chin. I have a friend who studied yoga with an East Indian practitioner who claimed grater benefits from adding a hearty gutteral noise to this pose, a loud "ahhhh". Now you are in the Lion pose and look ridiculous, but may feel relief from your sore throat! Now you also understand why I don't go to classes!
    Good Luck and Namaste!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2005]