You Are All Awesome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jdoegen, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jdoegen

jdoegen New Member

I posted for the first time a couple of days ago (the "New Here" post). I was kind of leary about posting, because it seems that every board that I have even posted on has left me with no responses-not just for Fibro, but on all different types of message boards. I just wanted to thank you all for your replies, and actual effort to help me with suggestions, etc. You really don't know how much I appreciate it!!! I will definately continue to utilize this board, and hopefully one day be able to help someone else! It is so wonderful to finally find people who actually care and are supportive! I could not have come to a better place than here in this time of feeling so alone and confused. Thank you ALL so much, and keep up the great board!
  2. poets

poets Member

I must have missed your post somehow. I'm very glad that you found us and you like it here. It really is a great group of people.

Hope you're with us a long long time.

3. findmind

findmind New Member

Well, aren't you a gentle doe! (Ok, you guys, notice the play on her screenname? It's not naptime yet, LOL!

Thank you, dear one, for being so generous and kind. It's not often we hear praises just for being awake!

Hope you enjoy it here...oh, have you visited the chitchad message board? (Not the live one, the one like this.) Get to know the people there and the topics are great! Great place just to have fun...

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

4. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

So glad you found this board. I'm fairly new here too and everyone has been great, supportive and helpful.

kindmind-what is chitchat that is not live? I tried the live one and got into the middle of a nasty discussion and got off real quick.

5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

And don't worry about hoping you'll be able to help someone. You will be posting replies sooner then you think. I thought that I was going to hang back a little and bam I spend quite a bit of time on here. I have found such a huge comfort coming here. Like a big, warm, soft blanket wraps around me when I am here. It is one of the few places I feel this way. Let us know if you have any other questions.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

Go to the top of the postings, click on message boards.

Go to the bottom of the list, to "chitcat". It's a message board that is wide open, any subject you want, not just about FM and CFS/ME.

As you will see, there are other boards with topics you may be interested in, too.

Have a good time here!

7. jami117

jami117 New Member

I'm so glad that you found this board! I've been here several years, but tuck in and out depending on what my health allows. I've found the people here to be so supportive - often I feel it's the only place I'm understood and honestly accepted for who I am - in spite of this DD that's hijacked my life.

Another thing I love is that there's a constant quest to find answers - some simply help deal with day to day difficulties caused by the illness. Other answers focus on looking for a cure, or cures. So this is a safe place to vent on your most difficult days, yet the atmosphere here remains so positive.

Glad to have you in our community.