You are all invited to my Birthday Party

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jmq, Dec 28, 2007.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

Yes, it is 12:05 where I am and decided that my closest family and friends are all right here.

SOOOO Lets get the party started, I am 53 woman who just retired today too! Worked 30 years in one place! Unfortunately I got sick with this dd FM so my retirement isnt exactly what I had in mind...but NO MORE music to my ears. Have been working since I was 16.

OK...Who is bringing the booze and drinks? I love dacqaris.
    Any musicians out here that can play some dance music. I like all kinds of music. I love to dance...just like my Everyone bring thier fav dish..wear PJs.

NO PRESENTS allowed. WISHES AND PRAYERS would really be appreciated. I just have to worn you that you may have to continue this party without me cuz I just took my Ambien with a glass of Kaluha and Cream....hhhhmmmmyummy.

Thank you my friends
  2. kjade

kjade New Member

I want to wish a Happy Birthday and Happy Retirement! Lucky girl! You deserve to CELEBRATE!!!

I would love to be there with you sharing drinks and laughs!! I hope this is your best ever! Best wishes to you darlin'!! (how's the red hair??)
  3. jmq

jmq New Member

I usually hide away and miss my mom on my birthday....but this is really a big life shift...and I have been through SO MUCH this year with all of you always willing to pray, support and make me pull up a chair and have some fun.

4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Jmq,

I would love to come to your party. Hope you are feeling well enough to really enjoy it. If you do not have to really go anyplace that is also a good thing.

Yuumy, the things that people are bringing sound great. I have some leftover chips and dip aome spiral rolls with goodies inside from Sams. I will bring them over, K ??

Have any of you tried Amaretto and Baileys- a great conction. I can bring some of that too. Actually we buy the cheaper variety of Baileys but it is still delicious.

Well, I still have to go and finish cleaning up this Christmas mess. Some people are coming over for New Years Eve after we go to dinner. So I need to clean up a bit.

Enjoy your special day. I will check back later to see what is going on with the party of the planning.

Warm hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2007]
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi jmg! Thanks for the invite! I love parties, especially when I can get comfy and hang out with my friends!

I will make whatever flavor of daqauri you like! I have a great blender. You name it, I'll make it! There's still a lot of food left, from the holiday's! No New Year's resolution's, made on my behalf yet, so bring on the party!

Maybe I'll haul over some album's from our days... like Sly and Family Stone, Three Dog Night, Temptation's, Led Zep, anything, you name it!

I hope this year is a one filled with peace and hope! Because of everyone here, I always feel hope...

Your mom is with you, I really do believe so. I feel my dad and brother are with me, and watching over me. It still doens't take care of the 'wanting' to be with them physically. Somewhow, it comforts me.... Bless you sweetie.

I need to clean up, so I can put my 'jams'!

Love and Happy Birthday!

PS. you may want to turn down the stereo... I believe I can hear it all the way to my home in Indiana! LOL

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2007]
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

hope you have a lovely day and happy retirement too.

7. ckball

ckball New Member

Happy Birthday and Happy retirement. I retired in 2002 after 30 years at various jobs. I hope you just sit back and smell the roses for awhile.

Everytime I think I can do that, something else comes up. I am the busiest non working person I know,lol. My dogs take up time, house stuff, yard, shopping, time just goes and another week is over.

Sorry I missed the party but I will leave my Buttery Nipples behind for anyone that still my drop by. If you have never had one, you really should if you like butterscotch Good stuff. What a way to start a new year-Carla
  8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'll bring party hats, balloons and horns. And I'd like one of those drinks that Ckball brought, yum!~

Party on and on and on......

Happy Retirement Too.