You are going into a Flare know it's what do you do?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyssa-Admin, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

I know that this may sound strange to many of you, but in chatting with other fibromites on a Facebook page I admin, I know I am far from alone...

So, what do I do? I clean, I cook, I do the laundry, I put the house into the 'immaculateness' as is humanly possible for me....why? This is only going to make it worse...but I do it any ways.

For me, I think I do it is that I start going into a sort of 'survival mode'. I know that I am going to be out for the count for at least a few days, hopefully not longer. And having a bit of OCD in regards to things being done, I know that if I don't do it *now* (whilst I am still able to), it will actually bug and bother me the whole time.

So, I get it out of the way.

I also think that I do it because for me, along with eating, it is a distraction method in regards to pain. If I am distracting myself...and try to push through it, I know that it will all get done. Then I can take my meds, have a long, hot soak in the tub, tuck myself up in bed with my heating pad and ice packs (neck swollen - whole other story that isn't FM related) and can, 'relax', knowing everything I needed to do is done.

Pacing? What's that?! Yep, I am the person who tells everyone else that they need to learn how to pace themselves...tsk tsk. I guess for me, I am scared that if I actually stop and sit down, I won't have the energy to keep going...and it only staves off getting things done sooner, so that I CAN go into my flare up knowing things are all done.

I have my DVDs beside me, the cat(s), and I can actually feel my shoulders to start to come down from my ears.

That is what I do!

What do you do?

Am I the only one on here who is that stark raving mad?
  2. IanH

IanH Active Member

3. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

That sounds like a smart idea Ian! I have a good app for sleep and relaxation. (Hard to do when you see so much that needs to be done around the house though!)
  4. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015