You are in my prayers, Shirl ...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by jaltair, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Shirl,

You have been in my prayers since Katrina hit and we lost contact with you.

There have been so many types of losses for you, these times are difficult, and with your marriage; it has to be just so hard. Not at all what you expected out of life - I know as I've been there. I understand your reluctance to take medication. Medication only "hides" us from what we need to mourn over for a time ....

There are many of us right here to support you as you walk through this experience of your mourning of loss.

I am in prayer and asking that the Lord just hold you in His arms to comfort you and to let you know that you are blessed and comforted through it all.

Love, Jeannette
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I remember you saying you had a troubled marriage too, and I do appricate your keeping me in your prayes all this time.

Yes, Katrina hit hard with me, then this marriage thing came up at the very same time, I had two Katrina's.

I think I have passed the grieving stage with this marriage, even though its been hard to stop grieving after 34 years with the same man. The shock is still with me, but the grief is passing, thanks to all of the prayer said for us right here on this board. Yes, the Lord has been carrying me, and I know the prayers here are what keeps me going day to day.

A lot of my confort comes from this board, and the Lord sent me a friend that is close to my home that had a tragedy as well, she had a brain tumor, the operation was a success, but it left her legally blind, but she does not know the Lord, so maybe we can help one another.

She has conformed to her new way of life in a wonderful way with her very limited sight, I can help confort her just by listening to how she feels, and she does the same for me. We are a 'support group' of 'two'.

I consider meeting Diane some of the prayer that is being said for me so often from here. She is 52 years old, and not being able to drive or walk down a street alone, work out anymore has been a terrible trial for her in her own way.

We can help one another face to face, and I do so pray the Lord sent her to me to bring her to HIm, as well as having a friend in person. Pray for this, she is a wonder, but not a Christian.

Again, than you for your prayers, and for not forgetting me, or getting tired of the same old prayer request!

Shalom, Shirl

3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

That's what we are here for, each other!

"Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." Gal 6:2 (NASB)

One of these days we can just ask Him all the questions we have in our minds and hearts; that will be wonderful!

I'm so glad you have someone to share with and to witness to - prayers will be with you in that area as well.

L, Jeannette

4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Jeanette, you are a wonderful kind Christian.

God bless hon.

Shalom, Shirl